PDA

View Full Version : Good deal or not?

Lori Kleinberg
07-19-2006, 8:46 PM
I just saw an ad for a
"Delta-Rockwell 10". All steel, 50" fence, 110v, mobile base w/seperate out-feed table/workbench $300 obo".
What do you guys think. I have no other info, don't want to call if not reasonable.

Thanks for your help.

Ben Abate
07-19-2006, 9:10 PM
Lori,

It sounds like an old saw, Rockwell gives that away. 110 v is another thing that you might want to stay away from unless you are just starting out and intend on doing only hobby items or small construction. Reason being that is usually a universal motor type machine. Lots of play in the arbor especially if it has been abused. It will move side to side and you will not get the precision that you are looking for. I personelly would stay away from it.

Thats only an opinion, I hate to tell someone what not to buy. Put it this way you could find a new type saw with a universal motor with better specs for not much more.

I hope this helps

Ben

Wes Bischel
07-19-2006, 9:36 PM
Lori,
A model number or picture is needed to give an opinion. I have a Rockwell/Delta contractors saw (34-400 I think). All cast iron top/extensions, trunnions, AC motor etc. There are some Rockwell saws which match Ben's description as well - hence the need for a model number or picture. For one, $300 could be a good deal - for the other, not. Sorry I can't be more help.

Wes

Jeff Horton
07-19-2006, 10:59 PM
I think you must go see it to know what he has for sale. Might be a Unisaw (but I doubt it).

Lori Kleinberg
07-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the info, I have decided to pass on pursuing this. I guess I really don't want to know. :( Too many other things to spend my hubbies money on.:D

Julio Navarro
07-20-2006, 3:15 PM
:( Too many other things to spend my hubbies money on.:D

something backswards about this, (hears the twilight zone theme in the background)