PDA

View Full Version : Bessey Clamps

Ben Abate
07-19-2006, 3:43 PM
Hello all,
If the ocassion occurs again that someone comes across the Bessey Clamp deal of last week please give another heads up. I was fortunate enough to snag 4 clamps but was unfortunate enough to realize I should have purchase 8 or more. Oh welll, as they say; you can't steal in slow motion.

Thanks
Ben

Larry Cooke
07-19-2006, 3:56 PM
Ben,

I did exactly the same thing as you. Thought, four should be enough right? Nope, I'm addicted now... Rest assured someone will announce it when they go on sale again. Just need to check here often and when they're listed get right to it. The sales often end in minutes.

Larry

Brad Townsend
07-19-2006, 4:03 PM
Ah, yes...The scourge of CLAMP ADDICTION!

My wife asks me "When are you ever going to use all those things??"

Any good responses to this would be appreciated.:confused:

Allen Bookout
07-19-2006, 4:05 PM
Yep! Less than eight is not enough----clamps that is.

Mike Henderson
07-19-2006, 4:08 PM
I'm sort of inoculated against buying too many clamps - I don't have room to store them! But I do have a bunch hanging all over my shop walls

That said, I ordered three of the 12 inch Besseys when they went on sale. The funny thing was that Amazon shipped them in THREE boxes. And each box would have easily held three of the 12 inch clamps. Oh, well...

Mike

Brian Hale
07-19-2006, 4:30 PM
Ah, yes...The scourge of CLAMP ADDICTION!

My wife asks me "When are you ever going to use all those things??"

Any good responses to this would be appreciated.:confused:

Just say to her "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand."

Or perhaps "It's a woodworker thing"

Brian :)

Scott Loven
07-19-2006, 4:37 PM
I got the KBK2450 Large Cabinet Door Kit set shipped to me for $71.97! I didnt need them, they are still in the box in the garage!

Steven Evans
07-19-2006, 8:39 PM
I order 2 2450 kits(72.00 each). I go them the next day. WOW even with the super saveer shipping. I got my tracking info and looked it. It said they had been delivered. I went out front and there they were.

As for the wife hopefully you can use a line like mine. I was planning on using them for the hope chest you want, I am going to use them on our sons bedroom set. etc.... It was going to be a surprise but........

John Miliunas
07-19-2006, 8:48 PM
Ben, I'm pretty sure that, when the next "clamp mania" comes along, someone will most certainly make us aware! :D As for convincing your significant other, I had the same problem but, what I did is, each time I had a decent glue-up using the clamps I already had, I'd take her out to the shop and show her! I'd always insert something like, "Dang good thing you didn't want it x-feet bigger or I wouldn't have enough clamps!" Of course, she did want bigger and subsequent clamp purchases have not been an issue! :D:cool:

Mike Burns
07-19-2006, 9:24 PM
Well, I missed out on the REALLY good deal, but I still got two sets, one of the 2440 and one 2450 delivered for $103 a set. Those sets, combined with what I already have should set me up for a long time. That being said, if they offer them again for 71 bucks, I'm gonna buy more. It's not like they'll spoil. :-)

Mike

John Miliunas
07-19-2006, 9:54 PM
It's not like they'll spoil. :-)

Mike

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Don't let the LOML hear that!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :cool: