PDA

View Full Version : Gary Grubb pinnacle down

GARY GRUBB
07-18-2006, 6:18 PM
I can't get info from computer to laser.I keep getting errors. I have uninstalled the USB driver and I've uninstalled the Explorer driver probably 20 times. Kevin Huffman told me to do this before and it worked then, but now it isn't working and I haven't been able to get hold of him. Has anyone else with a Pinnacle laser had this problem? Please help. I'm a "newbie".
I'm just getting ready to start my business and I haven't sold anything yet. I have business lined up and am really anxious to get underway. I know that this can be huge if I can overcome these problems. Has anyone put in a parallel port instead of USB? I tried it, but the parallel port was not compatible. Hopefully I can get hold of someone to get a parallel port. I'm a novice at this and really need help from a pro. If anyone can help me with this problem, I will be happy to buy you a happy meal! ;) I've just purchased about $500 worth of corian material which will be coming soon. I'm desperate for help before it arrives.
Thanks for any help. Gary Grubb

Mitchell Andrus
07-18-2006, 7:40 PM
Sometimes, and this is true for all types of peripherals, high speed USB cables (USB 2) need to be shorter than 10 feet to work "well". Consider a USB 'helper' cable... perhaps at Radio Shack? Can you try loading with a short (5 ft) cable to test? My cable is 16 feet and is a hit or miss deal.... I have a booster cable coming.

You might also see if you can slow down the data rate. This may be a bit drastic, but you could be sending info fatser than it can be xmited or properly received.

Mitch

Joe Pelonio
07-18-2006, 7:50 PM
When you say the parallel was incompatible, did it come with driver software, or was it "plug'n'play"? Whatever kind of connection you use the settings on both the laser itself and the software on the PC have to be configured so that the data is sent and received the same way.

Tom Cullen
07-18-2006, 8:34 PM
Parallel cables can be purchased form nearly any computer store and are fairly standard. USB would always be the prefered way to go as data will travel faster. I was wondering if you have tried to update the firmware on the laser? Usualy you can go the laser suppliers support site and download a new version ( if they have one ) but it might also be worth a shot at reloading the firmware even if it is not upgraded. The support site should have instructions on how to do this. Also check the USB cable with other devices attached to rule out a faulty cable or something being screwed up in the computer. Right click on the " My Computer icon and select "manage" and look at your devices to see if it can see any device connected to the USB cable. I hope this helps or at least gives you something else to work with.

Tom

GARY GRUBB
07-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks so much for the feed back.I had to go to work for awhile I couldn't believe all the response, what a great bunch of people.I have a short cable & the connections are good.I will look into all the suggestions that you have given me thanks so much.

GARY GRUBB
07-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Hey Tom I did what you said & found the problem in my computer icon.I don't know where you live but you might have heard me scream yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have over 20 big ones invested and I have whole stores wanting me to do all there stuff so yes im pretty pumped right now.
thanks so much to everyone.GOD BLESS