PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable

David Siniard
09-23-2003, 10:27 PM
I don't know if anyone else has heard this or not I was in my local Lowes( in greenville S.C.) to pick up a router by Porter Cable and the salesman there told me that Porter Cable is pulling all there items from lowes and HD and will only be sold by Sears.. has anyone else heard this??

Jim Becker
09-23-2003, 10:31 PM
I don't know if anyone else has heard this or not I was in my local Lowes( in greenville S.C.) to pick up a router by Porter Cable and the salesman there told me that Porter Cable is pulling all there items from lowes and HD and will only be sold by Sears.. has anyone else heard this??

LOL!! Well, Home Depot and Lowes seem to be focusing more and more on their own house brands, but the representation by the guy in the colorful apron that PC "will only be sold by Sears" is laughable! There are literally thousands of places that sell PC and will still be selling PC if the big-boxes don't. Musta been something in his coffee... :D

David Siniard
09-23-2003, 10:35 PM
LOL!! Well, Home Depot and Lowes seem to be focusing more and more on their own house brands, but the representation by the guy in the colorful apron that PC "will only be sold by Sears" is laughable! There are literally thousands of places that sell PC and will still be selling PC if the big-boxes don't. Musta been something in his coffee... :D

Well It did seem funny but, when I look over on the wall were they keep all bits set and all. there were no pc on the wall at all which there were there a couple of weeks ago had all been replaced with hitachi

David Klug
09-23-2003, 10:42 PM
I find that interesting because our HD sells Sears home appliances.

Dave