PDA

View Full Version : What do these settings mean?

Dennis Christensen
07-18-2006, 4:44 PM
Hi Everybody,

I am trying to learn as much as I can and I have no idea what these different settings do differently. If sombody could do a quick explaination of what these do or what I should do with these different settings that would be much appreciated.

There are 5 settings:
Cut
Engrave
gradeEngrave
Stepping Hold
Dot Engrave

These are variables I can adjust:
PWM-Puls
Grade Width
Hole Space
Delay

These are checkboxes that I turn on and off:
Run "S" Trace
Flow

TIA

Aaron

Dave Fifield
07-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Aaron/Dennis (?),

Don't you have a user manual with your laser? If not, I suggest that you contact the manufacturer and ask them for one.

BTW, it would help if you stated the make and model number of your laser engraving machine up front....

Dave F.

Bernhard Rameder
07-19-2006, 8:37 AM
As Dave recommended, please let us know which machine or type you have.

Dennis Christensen
07-19-2006, 9:34 AM
Aaron/Dennis (?),

Don't you have a user manual with your laser? If not, I suggest that you contact the manufacturer and ask them for one.

BTW, it would help if you stated the make and model number of your laser engraving machine up front....

Dave F.

Hi,

Sorry about that,
First off Machine Specs:
LaserReady LH 140
Software that controls laser - Laser Engrave and Cut System(DSP)4.0 (LaserCutLH_Blue)
80watt

It did come with instructions just not very good ones. We're working on getting better ones.

Also, my name is Aaron and I work for Dennis.

-Aaron

Bernhard Rameder
07-20-2006, 2:44 AM
Ok, i do not know the machine, but i think some settings are everywhere the same.
I think cutting and engraving should be clear.Puls is maybe how often the laser pulses. Which mean if you have a higher pulse rate, you can cut trough thicker materials. A lower pulse rate is more for perforating paper.And flow is maybe the flow rate of the air assist compressor?
Just a few ideas, maybe somebody else has more info for you!

Dave Jones
07-20-2006, 4:36 PM
This is just a guess, but "grade engrave" and "grade width" might relate to the kind of slopes you do on rubber stamps. (where the edges of text and shapes have an angled shoulder to strengthen them)