PDA

View Full Version : New and have a few questions/concerns

Dennis Christensen
07-18-2006, 4:03 PM
Hi Everybody,

First off Machine Specs:
LaserReady LH 140
Software that controls laser - Laser Engrave and Cut System(DSP)4.0 (LaserCutLH_Blue)
80watt

I've read quite a few threads and am amazed by the detail that some of you are able to do. I have been working on getting and image but the program that came with my laser that I control the laser with (Laser Engrave And Cut System(DSP) 4.0) wont accept anything that isnt 1 bit .bmp or monochrome. It will accept .plt but I can't get pictures to work in that format.

My question is, how do you get your pictures to your machine? Do you use a program like "Laser Engrave and Cut System(DSP)4.0 (LaserCutLH_Blue) or what?

Another is can one of you host or send one of your pictures that has worked on your machine so I can see if it will work on mine?

Maybe I'm just not doing somthing right.

TIA

Aaron

John Minton
07-18-2006, 4:15 PM
I am also new but with my epilog laser we do everthing in corel and corel sends it to the laser like it was a printer. I could send you some corel files .cdr but if you software will not read them it won't help. Not sure if I can convert to other format without loseing detail.

I am sure that some of the smart people who live here will be along to help they are a great bunch.

good luck

John

Joe Pelonio
07-18-2006, 4:16 PM
I'm not familiar with your system. With my Epilog I use Corel 12, and can send any kind of bitmap file to engrave, any vector file to cut. That is one reason I chose this machine, others require specific programs and file types.

Mike Null
07-18-2006, 4:23 PM
Could it be that the software you're referring to is the driver for the machine and that you still need some type of draw software to create art and communicate with the driver?

The spec sheet on the version 100 indicates as much.

Dave Jones
07-18-2006, 4:48 PM
Do you have any type of image paint program? (other than Windows Paint) Such as Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, CorelPaint, etc...

If so, then you should be able to load any photo, scale it as needed, convert it to grayscale, play with the contrast and brightness, and then convert it to a single bit bitmap. In this last step if you use a diffusion dither, noise dither, or halftone, then you should be able to engrave some shades of gray with your laser after saving the 1-bit image and sending it to your laser software.

It sounds like you have an industrial/factory type laser, which often only have simplistic interfaces because they are used more for marking text or logos than doing more creative things. So it becomes a matter of doing the creative work on other programs and converting to the format your laser software wants.

Amazon Canvas
04-15-2016, 2:50 PM
I use adobe illustrator to do vector cutting and raster to my epilog laser.
I use adobe photoshop to add contrast to a photo before sending it to the laser for engraving.
Both Illustrator and Photoshop will allow you to send the design directly to Epilog laser, so no other software is needed.
Hope this helps

Mike Null
04-15-2016, 3:05 PM
Forum rules dictate that you register with your real name.
Also, this thread is 10 years old.