PDA

View Full Version : Best cutting tables

Brad Bice
07-18-2006, 3:51 PM
We are using a Universal V-400 laser machine. What are the best cutting table solutions for pulling air under materials, as well as pulling debris from above when engraving just the top layer?

Ken Garlock
07-18-2006, 4:03 PM
Nameplate, the terms of serivce for SMC require that you use your real name. Please send an Email to Jackie or Keith Outten so that they can update your profile. Thanks.:)

Joe Pelonio
07-18-2006, 4:22 PM
My Epilog has a vector grid (that I have worn out once already) with a honeycomb that allows gasses and debris to fall into a tray at the bottom. Air assist can be turned on when engraving to blow debris away and is then sucked into the exhaust via the top. I only run air assist for cutting or engraving Rowmark-like materials where the letters are really large.

Newer Epilog models have all of the air suction from below adding a vaccum table feature, those have a perforated stainless steel plate for the work to sit on.

I know a couple of people that have built vacuum tables that replace the vector grids, in fact saw one for sale commercially a while back. Other people have fabricated acrylic tables with acrylic rod pegs to hold the work up from the bottom rather than using the honeycomb grids.

Mitchell Andrus
07-18-2006, 5:00 PM
Here's a thread from a few weeks ago

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=38692

Showing a vacuum table I built to hold down veneer.

Mitch

Brad Bice
07-19-2006, 3:31 PM
Joe and Mitchell, thank you for your suggestions. We will investigate further.

Dave Jones
07-19-2006, 5:37 PM
You might want to call St. Louis Laser at (636) 227-8028. He's selling a new low cost vector grid for lasers.