PDA

View Full Version : Whine at room temperture

Per Swenson
07-17-2006, 1:19 PM
Jeez, its only on the rare days like these that the grass is greener, scratch that, cooler on the other side.

Oh, to have that office job with the AC at 60, I would tolerate the
inept manager and the slave wages.

Nah, I 'll just go jump in the lake. Though I wonder if realtor .com
has a listing at Mcmurdo station, Antartica.

It is 101 in the shop and I have work that can no longer be put off...
and if you were wondering if the heat in hell was a dry one...nope.

Parboiled in New Jersey, wearing a bandanna so the cast iron won't rust.

Per

tod evans
07-17-2006, 1:28 PM
100+ 90% humidity here and lovin` it:rolleyes:

Joe Pelonio
07-17-2006, 1:52 PM
Funny, I was just thinking that I need to try and give away an old big window A/C unit that's been tarped alonside the house for a few years now. Too bad you are not closer. We were at 80 yesterday, probably mid 70s right now with no humidity. Pardon me for rubbing it in, but we do have to suffer with 40" of rain a year.

Jim O'Dell
07-17-2006, 2:43 PM
Joe, if rain come with the cooler temps, we'll pay you for it!!
Per, I don't have a typical office job, I'm in and out all day long, but my office is at 84 degrees. Feels good when you come in from outside, but you never dry out! Jim.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-17-2006, 3:31 PM
I have a nice big walk in fridge, well two of them, that I have to spend time in, filling the shelves with beer, it is a realy pain to walk from 10C (50F) to outside at 38C (101F), really it sucks, and going the other way is not good either.

Im not kidding, I've had a headache all day long.

Nothing I can do about it, at least it is not a walk in freezer!

Cheers!

Steve Clardy
07-17-2006, 3:38 PM
I'm a whining in the shop also. 100+

Two small and one 4' fan doing nothing but blowing hot air.

Norman Hitt
07-17-2006, 3:52 PM
Jeez, its only on the rare days like these that the grass is greener, scratch that, cooler on the other side.

Parboiled in New Jersey, wearing a bandanna so the cast iron won't rust.

Per

Heck, Per, I rip a towel into 6" strips, fold it over two or three times so it will be thick, and tie it around my head, but it just completely saturates and then not drips, but POURS down on the CI, and I actually have spent more time this summer cleaning the sweat off the CI than I have woodworking.:mad: I have seriously considered testing different clear spray finishes on top of the CI to stop the rust pitting, since the old remedies just don't work for me anymore.:confused:

Someone recently mentioned a new Tool Co, (Steel City Tools, Maybe:confused: ), that was coming out with a TS that has some form of a Nitrided coating on the CI top, so who knows, maybe that will work, (won't make US feel any cooler, but maybe save wipedown time).:rolleyes: We used to have very low humidity most of the year out here, but NO MORE. I have no idea how we can go all year long with nearly no rain, (READ Drought for several years), have HIGH temps, and still have humidity levels that rarely get down to 20% anymore, and mostly run from 40% to 80%).

The bad part is that every birthday seems to lessen my heat tolerance.:(

Joe Pelonio
07-17-2006, 4:55 PM
I hate to mention this...but... we've had cloud cover come in and it's dropped to 64 here.:D

Per Swenson
07-17-2006, 7:32 PM
Joe,

I was trying to compose a fitting retort for you and your location,

along the lines of Denville -shmenville or Jersey -shemerzy.

But for the life of me I can't top Sammamish. It just stands alone.

Its nice to know that someone in this country is staying cool.

Per

Robert Mickley
07-17-2006, 10:22 PM
what are you guys gonna do when it gets hot? I'm actually going to relish being in the shop tomorrow.

Considering my view lately has been this.
That and I rolled 40 4X4 round bales in the barn earlier by myself

This has been my view lately

Steve Clardy
07-17-2006, 11:18 PM
what are you guys gonna do when it gets hot? I'm actually going to relish being in the shop tomorrow.

Mmmm. Yea. I do that every year here.
Put up ten acres of hay for the horses.

07-17-2006, 11:51 PM

Goodness, I hear you!

We used to do that at my uncle's place, on the hottest day it always seemed too!

Some people just "LOVE" the smell of fresh cut hay, I hate it, it smells like WORK! :mad:

Glad you got it all done.

Cheers!

Frank Chaffee
07-18-2006, 3:14 AM
Goodness, I hear you!

We used to do that at my uncle's place, on the hottest day it always seemed too!

Some people just "LOVE" the smell of fresh cut hay, I hate it, it smells like WORK! :mad:

Cheers!
Yup,
Could fertilize a whole farm with one’s nose blowings after stacking the hay mow.

Frank

Robert Mickley
07-18-2006, 6:04 AM
Goodness, I hear you!

Cheers!

I wish it was all done. I checked the counter on the round bailer last night and its at 180. Cous needs 250 for the year.

The rest will be easy since now all the inside storage is full the rest get stacked outside and covered up.

Thank god we don't make many square bales. we only did 3000 this year.

And I still need 10 round bales for mulch

07-18-2006, 8:01 AM
I wish it was all done. I checked the counter on the round bailer last night and its at 180. Cous needs 250 for the year.

The rest will be easy since now all the inside storage is full the rest get stacked outside and covered up.

Thank god we don't make many square bales. we only did 3000 this year.

All we did was square bales, truck loads of them!

If that hay was even just a little wet, tossing one of those puppies were heavy!

Do you roll them sucker around by hand, or push them with the tractor or something?

Cheers!

Curt Harms
07-18-2006, 6:37 PM
....Thank god we don't make many square bales. we only did 3000 this year.

It's funny, I was thinking about mowwing(sp?) hay yesterday when it was about 98*. I miss some things about farming, but mowwing hay in July & August under a tin roof ain't one of 'em. When the bent is about full, there's NO air circulation....:( I just reached over and turned the Air Conditioning down a couple more degrees:D

Curt

tod evans
07-18-2006, 6:46 PM
started buckin` small rounds using a hook, was glad when squares came out.....never have put up big rounds but i`m sure pulling a lever on a tractor beats buckin`.......02 tod