PDA

View Full Version : One FUN Weekend

Ron Ainge
07-17-2006, 9:43 AM
Four woodturners spent the weekend in park turning spinning tops and letting the little ones paint them. We made about 1100 tops and gave them all away (one to a person) in the two days we were there. It was one of the best experience that anyone could ever wish to have. We got to spoil the kids and the parents got to take them home. Boy does that sound like grandads or what. The only thing that we had a problem with was the heat, it was above the century mark both days. The picture is of our first customer and the guy (Pete Holtus) that put everything together, the two guys in the background and I were his helpers. I don't know who had the most fun the four of us or the kids. I am so tired this morning that I wish that I could just go home and sleep for a few more hours.

George Conklin
07-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Sounds like a great weekend, Ron. You have earned permission to have a few more hours of sleep:) .

Corey Hallagan
07-17-2006, 7:57 PM
Looks like it was a great time and I am sure you are whooped!!

Corey

Jim Ketron
07-17-2006, 11:23 PM
I love doing stuff like that!
lots of work but when it brings smiles on peoples faces its all worth it!

Mark Cothren
07-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Good goin', Ron! Great report!

Ron Ainge
07-18-2006, 1:10 PM
Thanks for the nice comments and yes all of the work was worth the effort that we put into it. The picture is form the first customer we had Saturday morning and the smile she had on her face when she was finished was payment for the entire weekend. I am still recovering today, but it was worth it.

Glenn Hodges
07-18-2006, 2:36 PM
What a great way to do something nice.