PDA

View Full Version : Whim

harry strasil
07-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Saw an antique mall while traveling, decided to stop in on a whim as I needed to stretch my legs. Thought I heard my name being called, so I walked around browsing a bit, calling was getting louder. Lo and Behold I found the source of the calling. There is was setting in a glass case with a $30 price tag on it. I have been looking for a good woodie smoother, its a modern one, never been used, no mfg name. but it rode home with us.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/irnsrgn/wood/plane.jpg

Deirdre Saoirse Moen
07-16-2006, 1:05 PM
Very nice. I love the wavy bit between the body and the sole.

Terry Beadle
07-17-2006, 7:55 PM
It looks like an ECE. Those front horned smoothers are supposed to be very good. Sharpenerup and let's know how she goes.

Terry Beadle
07-17-2006, 7:56 PM
It looks like an ECE. Those front horned smoothers are supposed to be very good. Sharpenerup and let us know how she goes.

Alan DuBoff
07-17-2006, 11:06 PM
On a whim I stopped in an Antique store today, but the folks in this one horse town must obviously have more $$$s to spend on tools that me. :rolleyes:

Went to pick up an anvil today and there was several antique shops along the main street of the town, it was off the beaten path, so I stopped in. Braces for $30-$40, english level for $60, etc...not much in the way of tools. :mad: But the anvil might turn out ok, not sure.