PDA

View Full Version : shop in progress pics gloat

Jason Thaxton
07-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Here is my new shop I just finished putting a red metal roof on today dimensions are 26x32, with a little build out for my gorilla and compressor. It has taken me about 1.5 years to get this far due to $ restraints. I have only spent about 1800.00 dollars on it so far thanks to surplus from my construction jobs and kind donations from my brother in-law and dad. My brother in-law does siding and metal roofing. The siding and metal roofing have come from surplus warehouses. My dad has given me 6 hard maple top work benches and all the metal storage cabinets I could ask for. I have the vinyl siding ready to go it is a grey brown color. I cant wait to get it done. You cant even walk in my garage it is full of tools, workbenches, storage cabinets and lumber.:D Its been a long time coming but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Next week I will start the siding.
Here is the loft it is 14x16
Here is the view from just in front of my shop.
I have two 5 ' 2 man timber saws. Do you think they would look good positioned in a x between the door and window once its done?

Greg Koch
07-16-2006, 1:08 AM
Jason,

I can't seem to view the attachments as they are now.... I get an error message.

John Kain
07-16-2006, 1:19 AM
Jason,

I can't seem to view the attachments as they are now.... I get an error message.

Same thing here...........

Karl Laustrup
07-16-2006, 6:06 AM
Can't bring up the pics Jason.

Check out this thread and see if that helps with your posting them directly to SMC.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31106

I hope you can get them posted as I'm really interested in seeing that shop of yours.

Karl

glenn bradley
07-16-2006, 5:19 PM
You lucky B*****d! What a view!

Dave Ray
07-16-2006, 7:35 PM
Jason, thanks for getting the pic's squared away. Great looking shop.... WOW.......What a view. Looks like your garden is doing great to.

Ryan Lee
07-16-2006, 8:21 PM
I like the garden. Must be a hell of a job weeding that thing.

Bryan Somers
07-16-2006, 8:51 PM
Great looking shop, and at a bargian too. The only thing your missing is a porch to enjoy that million $ view from

Allen Bookout
07-16-2006, 9:10 PM
That looks like Heaven on Earth. Life must be good there.

The one thing that I do know is that there must be a huge amount of wind there as that is the shortest windmill that I have ever seen. I grew up in the Texas Panhandle and thought that there was a lot of wind there but I guess not as our windmills were thrity or fourty feet tall. Also how do you keep the snow from covering it up in the winter? Kind of hard for it to turn when it is covered up.

Great shop!

Allen

Frank Guerin
07-16-2006, 9:12 PM
$1800.00 ?????? I know we must be related. I need a bigger shop. :)

Norman Hitt
07-16-2006, 9:33 PM
Looking GOOOOOOOOOD, Jason.:D Beautiful view too, and nice garden. Keep the pics coming as you progress.

What are you going to use for insulation?

Jason Thaxton
07-17-2006, 1:04 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I couldn't live without the mountians. I get lost without them:) That is mount timpanogas, If you watched the utah winter olympics you most likely saw it. I live at 4500 feet and that mountian is close to 12000. As for insulation I think im going to use the blown in stuff. I need some opinions on the timber saws hanging in a X above the door? Should I hang them inside or out?