PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mark Singer...................

Ken Fitzgerald
07-16-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm sitting here ........a cold one in my hand.........toasting the bride.....the groom........the marriage.........and the parents on both sides!

May the newly weds have a happy long life together!

Congrats Mark!

Dennis Peacock
07-16-2006, 7:19 AM
Here! Here! and Amen!!!!

Mark Singer
07-16-2006, 9:29 AM
Thanks gentlemen! Yesterday was a picture perfect day at the Montage...the food, service and wine was exceptional and I am very critical about that. The string quartet was wonderful....played Pacabels Kanon a d as the wedding march....I got chills! The bride was sooooooo...beautiful! I will send a picture or 2 when I get them....Donna Karin wedding gown... We had a great day! The ceramony was outside and we had an outside cocktail hour followed by a 4 course luncheon in the Studio which is the premier resturant at the Montage... It felt good to give my daughter this wonderful wedding! She is a wonderful girl and her husband Jason is a great guy too! I could not be happier. I only wish my parents and my wifes were alive to see it...
Today I am back in my shop working a a sofa from teak...I hate the wood!
It is a challenge of hand joinery with the very difficult mitered dovetails...4 exposed sets...wedged through tenons and a frame joinery variety...I will post it

Karl Laustrup
07-16-2006, 9:41 AM
Glad all went as planned Mark. My congratulations to the bride & groom and you and LOYL. Many happy years ahead.

Karl

Ned Bulken
07-16-2006, 4:39 PM
Many happy returns to the happy couple. The lady who made me the luckiest man ever and I just celebrated one week together as Husband and wife, so it is good to know others are continuing the tradition. :D

Carl Eyman
07-16-2006, 5:54 PM
Boy, Ned Bulken knows how to hide a gloat down deep! And, Mark, It must be a great feeling to give a daughter such a send-off. Without a daughter LOML and I never have had the experience.

Vaughn McMillan
07-16-2006, 8:32 PM
Boy, Ned Bulken knows how to hide a gloat down deep! ...
Carl, you must not have noticed...Ned's recent wedding was pretty well covered in the OT forum. :) It was fun watching him squirm for the past month or so.

Congrats Mark on the new son-in-law. Sounds like a very nice venue for a reception, and I'm sure you all did it up in style.

- Vaughn

Tom Hamilton
07-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Congrats Mark on a great event. Being the "Father of the Bride" is a very special time and one that must be experienced to appreciate.

Sounds like you mastered it as you have your woodworking.

Your daughter will be grateful for the rest of her life.

So, did you gain a woodworking SIL or will he need a little training from the Master?

Best regards, Tom

Jim Becker
07-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Congrats, Mark! Sounds like it was a picture-perfect wedding!

Mark Singer
07-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Congrats, Mark! Sounds like it was a picture-perfect wedding!
Jim,
Thanks! will post a few "perfect" pictures when the photographer send them