PDA

View Full Version : Just had to try something!!!

John Miliunas
07-15-2006, 9:07 PM
Couldn't take it anymore!!! :eek: With all the great work I've been seeing lately and all the hype with the impending Abysseration, I could no longer ignore looking at my spinny thing sitting there ignored. So, I chucked up a small chunk of Cherry I got from John Hart eons ago and attempted at doing a little something, cast and all! :eek: Took "forever", hurt like blazes but, I done did it! :D Needless to say, as I was finishing the foot, it developed a crack but I don't care!!! :rolleyes: (NOTE TO SELF: You really need to get that vacuum chuck setup!!!) Just a small piece; @4" wide, 2" tall, Velvit oil, shellac, Beall buff. And I don't even care if ya'all think it looks like doggy-do, it felt good just to do it! :D Thanks for taking a peek! :) :cool:

Corey Hallagan
07-15-2006, 9:11 PM
Doggy doo my @$$ That looks great John! You have been sandbaggin. Excellent work even if it is from a one armed Moderator :) that likes everybody to think he can't turn! Now that is doggy doo!

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
07-15-2006, 9:13 PM
Gee John.........I thought we were friends and our opinions counted..........Nice bowl BTW!

Becareful with that hand....don't overdo it now.

Travis Stinson
07-15-2006, 9:31 PM
What a way to get your fix John! Great looking bowl.:cool:

Dennis Peacock
07-15-2006, 9:33 PM
Wow John!!!! If you turn something like THAT with a cast on? Maybe I need a cast on my arm as well. Beautiful Buddy!!!!!! I really like it a lot. :D :D

Bob Noles
07-15-2006, 9:38 PM
John,

Would hate to see what you could do with a cast on each arm :p

Sheesh.... I have 2 good arms and couldn't even come close to that quality.

Nice job!

Andy Hoyt
07-15-2006, 9:39 PM
As you are wont to say, "Kewl, duuuuude!"

Nice one, John.

Uh oh, here it comes............

Looks just right for a........................

sixteen ounce bottle of Moxie!:D:D

Vaughn McMillan
07-15-2006, 9:43 PM
Well John, whatever they did to your hand, they didn't seem to affect "the touch", because you obviously still have it. Nice bowl indeed.

- Vaughn

John Shuk
07-15-2006, 9:50 PM
Looks nice John...Busted up paw and all.

Chris DiCiaccio
07-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Way to go John! That is a great piece. What's next, one with your eyes closed? I'm sure you're ready for that cast to come off. Believing for you to be better than ever when this is over. Thanks for the post.

John Miliunas
07-15-2006, 10:11 PM
You guys are way, way too kind! :o Thank you. But alas, with that crack in it, she's now destined as one of the many "shop bowls", which are handy for putting loose screws and such in. Wait!....I think I hear one 'o dem loose screws rattling around between my ears right now! :D Now I've got a place to put it! :) :cool:

Brad Schmid
07-15-2006, 10:29 PM
As they say, no pain, no gain:D
Glad to see your back at it, and hope your healing quick.

Keith Burns
07-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Way to go John! I know that although it may have been painful to your hand, it made the rest of you feel great !!! Good job:) :)

Barry Stratton
07-15-2006, 11:02 PM
That is GREAT John! BEAUTY! Probably would have been a problem if your LEFT hand was in the cast, but who needs a right?

Ted Jay
07-15-2006, 11:09 PM
You guys are way, way too kind! :o Thank you. But alas, with that crack in it, she's now destined as one of the many "shop bowls", which are handy for putting loose screws and such in. Wait!....I think I hear one 'o dem loose screws rattling around between my ears right now! :D Now I've got a place to put it! :) :cool:

I don't know...... you might need a bigger bowl!!! LOL:p

Ted

Bernie Weishapl
07-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Beauty John. Wonder what you could do with both hands in a cast.:eek: :p That is a beauty John. Hope you are doing alright and didn't over do it. Take it easy buddy and get that hand healed.

Jerry Olexa
07-16-2006, 12:04 AM
OK, John ya did good but be careful. I understand the withdrawal you're going through AND it was good therapy AND now you feel better (but your hand hurts). I'll have to ask Karl or that waterfall woman to get over there to get you to relax and take it easy:D :) Good to see you back in the saddle. Nice job. Looks good,

Ernie Nyvall
07-16-2006, 12:12 AM
I think you"ve been holding out on us John. That bowl looks great.

Ernie

Curt Fuller
07-16-2006, 1:33 AM
Talking about jumping back into the fire. That's dedication. Nice little single handed effort.

And BTW, I just cleaned up the doggy doo out of the back yard this afternoon and it didn't look anything like that.

Jim Ketron
07-16-2006, 3:00 AM
Nice Bowl John!
Sometimes a man's got to do what a mans got to do!
Now rest up and get better Bud;)

Karl Laustrup
07-16-2006, 5:53 AM
Looking good bud, but you'd better take it easy.

It was just THURSDAY that you got that cast put on remember? How you gonna 'splain having wood chips and saw dust under that thing when they take it off. :confused: :eek:

Karl

Michael Stafford
07-16-2006, 6:28 AM
Looks good, John. It is one of those forms that I am particularly fond of and you did justice by it. Glad you are getting some spin therapy!

Dick Parr
07-16-2006, 9:12 AM
Great Job John but take it easy on that arm. You don't want to be out any longer then you have to.

Looks great.

Mark Singer
07-16-2006, 9:15 AM
I really like the form and you kept it thin and delicate....shows your experience!

Chris Barton
07-16-2006, 9:17 AM
Looks good lefty!

George Conklin
07-16-2006, 10:43 AM
I think you"ve been holding out on us John.
Ernie

Yeah... What's up with that!!!

;)

Tom Sherman
07-16-2006, 1:40 PM
And you been lettin on like you couldn't turn, shame on you John. Just for that your pentance should be a six pack of Moxie, and a Bears game. Looks really good, but don't over do it get er well dude.

John Miliunas
07-16-2006, 1:49 PM
And you been lettin on like you couldn't turn, shame on you John. Just for that your pentance should be a six pack of Moxie, and a Bears game. Looks really good, but don't over do it get er well dude.

OK, soon as I get my mitts on some genuine Moxie! :eek: BUT, that Bears game will need to wait until they play the Pack!!! :D :D :D :cool:

Christopher K. Hartley
07-16-2006, 5:58 PM
Crack or no crack that is a nice bowl. Send it to Lee and he can do a fancy engraving on the side: "CAST BOWL" or the "I COULDN"T WAIT BOWL":D

John Miliunas
07-16-2006, 6:06 PM
Crack or no crack that is a nice bowl.

Thanks, Chris! Hey, maybe this is what Tyler means when he calls it "Spin crack"!!! :D :cool:

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
07-16-2006, 7:35 PM
Hey, maybe this is what Tyler means when he calls it "Spin crack"

Y'know, John, somehow thinking of "Spin Crack" when referring to Tyler brings to mind the disturbing image of a pink thong...

:)

John Miliunas
07-16-2006, 7:40 PM
Y'know, John, somehow thinking of "Spin Crack" when referring to Tyler brings to mind the disturbing image of a pink thong...

:)

Yeah, that and Pesh's granny panties! :eek: :D Sometimes I wonder how I got myself into this whole spinny thing. Or, worse yet, WHY???? :eek: :D :cool:

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
07-16-2006, 8:00 PM
Cat and laser beam, John. Cat and laser beam. :)