PDA

View Full Version : New wood hauler!

John Miliunas
09-22-2003, 10:22 PM
OK, fine. It's NOT "new", but rather a '92. Still, "new" to me. To be exact, a '92 Chevy, S-10 Tahoe in super condition with very, very minimal surface rust. I swear the interior is like new, with power windows, door locks, AC, stereo, etc... Brand new tires all the way around, too! And a real beaut of a topper, to boot. One of those with the side windows that lift up and all. Oh yeah...This thing only has 69K miles on it! And them's *honest* miles, too. I got it from the second owner, the first being his dad.

Talk about being in the right place at the right time, though. Jim, the guy I bought it from, works in our department and casually came by this morning and asked if I'd be interested. I said sure, but I couldn't possibly afford anything until we get the house sale finalized. He said he's picking up his new ride tomorrow and if he knows for sure that I'll take it, he won't do the trade on it and only wants what they were going to give him on the trade. That would be $1500.00, BTW. Still, I couldn't do it until the 15th of next month. Well, are you ready for this?

He says, "Well, if it's all the same to you, I'd just as soon you give me $25.00 cash every Monday until it's paid off. If you want it, I'll bring the title tomorrow." Huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. You see, Jim's SWMBO gives all of $15.00/wk "allowance". (Strange, 'cuz he's the main family income. Whatever.) This way, he figures I'm doing HIM a favor, as now he'll have some extra pocket cash every week without having to "beg" his bride for some when he runs out. Hey, works for him, works for me! :D

So, the next break, we walked over to the parking ramp and I got my first peek at this thing. Whew! Clean and I do mean clean! Took it for a quick spin and it feels like something with only 70K on it. Needless to say, it was a handshake and done deal, on the spot! I'm a happy camper. Anyone know somebody in need of a decent '91 S-10? :cool:

Tom Sweeney
09-22-2003, 11:13 PM
He can take $40,000 out of his 401K & give it to me to buy a new loaded F150 & I'll give him - are you ready - He's gonna love it - he'll have more spending money than he'll know what to do with - I'll give him $40 a week. His SWMBO will never need to know about it. Man he'll be able to get a Starbucks Latte every day - maybe even a Biscotti!

What do ya think John - will he go for it? Hey the way most 401K's are doing it's not like it would be any worse of an investment for him :rolleyes:

Oh yeah BTW - nice deal on the pickemup truck. :cool:

Lee Schierer
09-23-2003, 9:09 AM
With deals like that, maybe you should talk to the guy the guy that emailed me from South Africa that wants to share $26,500,000 with someone from the states. I can pass your name along to him if you llike Tom. :)

Jason Roehl
09-23-2003, 9:16 AM
Well, John, a power tool is a power tool. Congrats on the "new" one. Now, as for whether it qualifies as "big iron"... :D

That does sound like a good deal. If the dealer offered him $1500 for it, that's probably about what it is worth (I have a close friend who used to be in the car biz...that's how they keep their prices up---it's the "difference" that matters to them).

Jim Becker
09-23-2003, 9:51 AM
You see, Jim's SWMBO gives all of $15.00/wk "allowance".

Geepers...I sure hope she packs him a lunch each day, too! (Or has the stuff available for him to make one...) I suspect most teens get a lot more than that these days!! :rolleyes:

Good deal on the truck, John. You'll enjoy having the utility before, during and after the move, too.

Ted Shrader
09-23-2003, 12:15 PM
John -

Talk about right place at the right time! Congrats! You will enjoy having something that does have some protection in the back as well as the ability to haul a reasonable amount of stuff.

Ted