PDA

View Full Version : Hot

David Wilson
07-15-2006, 3:59 PM
Screwed up my back last weekend so taking it easy on Dr's advice. Just checked the temp and it is 102 deg here in Minnesota. Is it this hot all over?

Matt Meiser
07-15-2006, 4:02 PM
Right now its 92 and extremely humid here.

Jim King
07-15-2006, 4:38 PM
I was in Minnesota last week and it was so dry my skin felt like it was two sizes to small. Here at seven in the morning when we have coffee on the patio it is normally 90 degrees and 90 % humidity and then warms up.

Scott Donley
07-15-2006, 4:49 PM
76 with the humidity at 51, kinda high for here, the humidity that is. They say we will be back in the 80's next week :D I will add that I live 5 blocks from Puget Sound and the fog horns in the winter are a killer :)

David Wilson
07-15-2006, 5:31 PM
Just checked again and it's 106 deg.
This heat will hit WI tomorrow

Jerry Olexa
07-15-2006, 5:32 PM
95 here now and tommorrow 100 predicted. Time for an iced tea:cool: :cool:

Ken Werner
07-15-2006, 5:55 PM
72 degrees, 81% humidity in Hamilton, NY - we get the nicest summers here. But supposed to go to 90s tomorrow.

Ken

Jeremy Gibson
07-15-2006, 6:23 PM
Today it is 90 and the same predicted through Monday. This doesn't sound too hot, but I'm at 9,300 feet above sea level in the Colorado mountains. We just don't to A/C up here but I sure wish I had it now.

Ice tea is made, but I think it's time for a cold adult beverage. :D

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-15-2006, 6:41 PM
96 here in Peoria with heat index to 102! Had the usual Saturday morning Market. Few people, no sales. Came straight home and am going to Veg the rest of today.

Same thing predicted thru Wednesday!

Bruce

Karl Laustrup
07-15-2006, 7:52 PM
I'm getting all my fans and pointing them northwest. That should keep that heat up there. :p :D

We were at 95 today and humid. About 100+ heat index reading. Supposed to get near 100 tomorrow and is to be like this through Tuesday. Worst part.....no rain. I think we're turning into a desert. :eek:

Karl

Dave Richards
07-15-2006, 8:20 PM
I saw over 100 on the shed thermometer this afternoon but the Rochester airport is now reporting 86° with only 59% humidity. Too hot for me still but better than it was. I'm surprised at how low the humidity is. Usually around here when it gets this hot it is incerdibly humid, too.

Bryan Somers
07-15-2006, 8:24 PM
Low 90's today and yesterday, 96 and 97 forcast well into next week

Ken Fitzgerald
07-15-2006, 9:17 PM
We're in the 90's here but the humity is in the teens......

Vaughn McMillan
07-15-2006, 9:28 PM
Current temp here is showing as 106° at 20% humidity, so it's hot, but not as stickey as some of you guys are dealing with. I sure am glad I had the air conditioner serviced a couple of days ago. (It was low on refrigerant, and needed coil cleaning.)

- Vaughn

Dennis Peacock
07-15-2006, 9:45 PM
Yup....it's HOT here to. Supposed to be near or over 100º for the next several days. We sure could use some rain.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim O'Dell
07-15-2006, 10:19 PM
'Bout the same here, Dennis. Yeah, rain would be nice. The creek is getting a might low behind me. None in the forecast, though. Jim.

Norman Hitt
07-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Well, we West Texans Sure Didn't steal ya'lls Cool Air,:rolleyes: 'Cause it has sure been nice & warm out here. Two days ago, (one of the days it was 103*), and the weather recording station is at the coolest location in the city limits, with no concrete or pavement or buildings or AC's to provide heat anywhere close to it, so you know it was much warmer than that in the rest of town. That same day, 34 miles west of us, (Kermit, Tx & Wink, Tx, was reported 110*. Heck, I think we've been shifted out to Arizona or something, and "Rain"...............WHAT'S THAT????????

Larry Klaaren
07-15-2006, 11:12 PM
I traveled down to Indy today. It was 96 when I left New Lenox at 2 p.m. CDT, a little cooler in Indianapolis, but I didn't get here until around 7 EDT. I think the high was 92 or so. It was definitely more humid in Illinois. I stopped at home after work before coming down and my glasses steamed up when I got out of the car. There were lots of stalled "beaters" along I-65. I'm guessing they had insufficient cooling systems. Here's hoping it cools down up there before I go back on Monday.

I think I heard that Da Mayor of Chicaga made a public appearance this afternoon at the Gay Pride games. May have had something to do with all the heat in the air.:rolleyes: Just a possibility I'm throwing out.

That's your report from Illiana.

BTW: Cubs win! Cubs win! Gotta celebrate when ya can.

Larry

Joe Mioux
07-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Greenhouses were around 110 yesterday at 95 pct humidity.

Just imagine... some people pay good money for this type of therapy!

Joe

John Kain
07-16-2006, 12:35 AM
100 and fricken 5 today.

It can't get worse can it?

David Wilson
07-16-2006, 8:13 AM
Buy the way, it topped out ay110 yesterday .

Roy Hatch
07-16-2006, 8:22 AM
We moved here to Western NC, three years ago and found it cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter than Maryland. Today we have a forecast of 87 today and 91 for Tuesday. This is what we call a heat wave. Central air has been used approx 10 hours this year.

I remember living in Maryland and hearing the report, "This is the 19th successive day with temperature in excess of 90." And on occassion it would top 100.

Would we make the move again? You betcha.

Roy

Tom Hamilton
07-16-2006, 9:04 AM
It's a very confortable 77 this AM, humidity is 50% or so very pleasant here in Houston...oh, you mean outside!

How about 85 at 7:50, humidity about the same, and going to mid-90's.

Hot and humid, it's Houston in the summertime after all.

All the Best, Tom

Wes Bischel
07-16-2006, 10:05 AM
We're expecting the midwest's leftovers here in the east. Our humidity has been a killer - I hope the heat comes with dryer air. (OK I know it won't, but I'm trying to be optimistic.) :rolleyes:

Don't over do it out there!

Wes

Don Baer
07-16-2006, 11:05 AM
89 degrees at 7:30 AM today. Its gonna be a scorchers here today in So. Cal.

Fred Voorhees
07-16-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm not even sure how hot it was the past few days, but it has been murder here in Central NJ. I have to work in it all darned week and I'll be danged if I have to suffer in it during my two precious days off! That takes its toll on things that need to be done around the home. I did however manage to squeeze in some pressure washing duties yesterday (Sat). Besides that, it was pretty much staying in the house. Didn't even bother hitting the dirt track races last night. I honestly think that as I am getting older - 48 1/2 right now - that I am tolerating the heat less and less.:(

Mark Rios
07-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I live here in the central valley of California. Since I live in the properties that I remodel I rarely have AC. I've got some Mexican and some Puerto Rican in my background (you can't tell cause my mom is English but that's another story) and I generally tolerate the heat pretty well. But we do get some stretches of heat here that can be quite challenging. However, whenever I start thinking about how hot it is, I think about my neighbor lady's grandson and granddaughter. They have both been stationed in Iraq (one is now stateside and one is now stationed in Bosnia....how fun). In an email one day the gd told me that it was 123 with 12% humidity. She said that that wasn't the highest she had been in and that 120+ wasn't that unusual. Apparently they have stretches of 110+ temp that last for weeks. They can't drink enough water to replenish what they lose. Add to that the sandstorms with the very fine sand getting into every nook and cranny and you get little rivlets of mud streaming down certain parts of your body.

I'll take the central valley heat any day, thank you very much. :D

Curt Fuller
07-16-2006, 12:13 PM
I live here in the central valley of California. Since I live in the properties that I remodel I rarely have AC. I've got some Mexican and some Puerto Rican in my background (you can't tell cause my mom is English but that's another story) and I generally tolerate the heat pretty well. But we do get some stretches of heat here that can be quite challenging. However, whenever I start thinking about how hot it is, I think about my neighbor lady's grandson and granddaughter. They have both been stationed in Iraq (one is now stateside and one is now stationed in Bosnia....how fun). In an email one day the gd told me that it was 123 with 12% humidity. She said that that wasn't the highest she had been in and that 120+ wasn't that unusual. Apparently they have stretches of 110+ temp that last for weeks. They can't drink enough water to replenish what they lose. Add to that the sandstorms with the very fine sand getting into every nook and cranny and you get little rivlets of mud streaming down certain parts of your body

I'll take the central valley heat any day, thank you very much. :D

I was going to whine a little about our 100 degree days and 80 degree nights lately but that made me feel kind of grateful to just be sleeping in my own bed at night, safe and sound.

Jim King
07-16-2006, 12:29 PM
We are in the dead of winter but not worried about covering the tomatoes.

douglas hyde
07-17-2006, 10:14 PM
it was 104 in ft worth tx

douglas hyde
07-17-2006, 10:20 PM

Jim O'Dell
07-17-2006, 10:43 PM

Yes, it was! Heck, it was even 87 in my office this afternoon!! :( So much for A/C! I think we are supposed to dip back in the 90's for highs by the end of the week. And someone teased me with the possibility of rain...somewhere around the 25th. Hopefully they didn't mean August! Jim.

Jim O'Dell
07-17-2006, 10:54 PM

Yes, it was! Heck, it was even 87 in my office this afternoon!! :( So much for A/C! I think we are supposed to dip back in the 90's for highs by the end of the week. And someone teased me with the possibility of rain...somewhere around the 25th. Hopefully they didn't mean August! Jim.

Barry Stratton
07-18-2006, 4:03 AM
I think the high temp was about 60 degrees F here today. Really relaxing turning in the garage with the doors up, enjoying the sun and cool air, the aroma of PIC wafting in the breeze......

Sorry, couldn't resist:D

douglas hyde
07-18-2006, 8:07 PM
it was 107 in ft worth tx 7-18-06 to hot

Don Baer
07-18-2006, 8:14 PM
115F (46.1C) today in Phoenix according to the thermometer in my truck..

Vaughn McMillan
07-18-2006, 8:26 PM
I think the high temp was about 60 degrees F here today. Really relaxing turning in the garage with the doors up, enjoying the sun and cool air, the aroma of PIC wafting in the breeze......

Sorry, couldn't resist:D
Barry, I'll have to remember to send you a message like this in about February, when I'm kicking back in 70 degree weather. ;) :p

- Vaughn

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Forgot to mention, though, that my show is 72 degrees year round. It is underground, so it takes minimal heat of air cond. to keep it there. Only GOOD thing about having your shop in the basement!

Bruce