PDA

View Full Version : Saw Bench Plan

harry strasil
07-14-2006, 7:52 PM
Ok, Here's the plan I have come up with, and a change of plans on my part.

I am going to post the pictures and text plans by number each session so the thread doesn't become too long and cumbersome. The Moderator or one of the Administrators can combine the lessons after the fact into a thread of its own for reference.

I am going to post the pictures thru my photobucket album full size instead of using the thumbnail feature for viewers ease.

I hope this meets with everyones apporval.

Now to my change of plans, the old growth pine floor joist I was going to use turned into a problem. My friend Norm the little delta lunchbox surface planer was complaining of inactivity and offered to do the work if I would just plug it in. In my weakened state I agreed and it proceeded to immediately get with the program. Boy did Norm really start complaining, I guess it underestimated the hardness of 100 + year old pine. Norm almost unpluged itself, so I went to plan "B", a piece of construction grade 2 by 10 4 foot long that had been in the lumber rack for 4 or 5 years. Norm liked that piece and he did a good job on getting the slight twist out of it.

Larry Gelder
07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Great! Thanks again for leading this project.