PDA

View Full Version : Acetal stamps

Daryl Barberousse
07-14-2006, 7:28 PM
Working on some stamps produced from acetal (delrin to some). I'm using hollow bodied letters with this particular stamp. How do I tell the laser to "broaden" the base of each letter as it is engraving? To put it another way, I'm trying to strengthen the letters on the stamp from breaking off.

I have seen the "shoulder and width" option on the printing properties, but this only pertains to the perimeter of the entire stamp.

Any takers?;)

Rodne Gold
07-15-2006, 1:32 AM
The shoulder an pitch applies to any element in the stamp , not to just borders

Shaddy Dedmore
07-15-2006, 3:47 AM
You can play with the settings on some scrap wood or acrylic to look for the shoulder. I don't think you need to practice on the expensive stuff.

Shaddy

Daryl Barberousse
07-15-2006, 9:20 AM
Thanks....I'll try a small sample on some extra acetal. I wasn't aware that the shoulder width would carry into the logo itself. I'll keep you posted.

Dave Jones
07-15-2006, 4:18 PM
Is the logo a single bitmap or is it made of individual elements in your program?

Daryl Barberousse
07-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Yet another lesson learned using this laser. The shoulder adjustment on my advanced print properties window did the trick. That option widened all the elements within my stamp border.

Dean Flannery
07-16-2006, 6:26 PM
If any of you folks are interest in some "way less expensive then bought new" nylon 6/6 to play with check out my new listing in the for sale forum.
Thanks, Dean