PDA

View Full Version : Small Gloat w Pics

Jerry Olexa
07-14-2006, 5:13 PM
Thanks to the help of several fellow creekers, my shop now proudly holds 2 new additions:
1.) Thanks to Lars Thomas for a great tip, I now have a good supply of rough cut cherry ready for the planer at prices less than 1/2 the going Chicago rate And I like it better!!
2.) Thanks to Allen Bookout and several other SMCers, I now own a Milwaukee 5625 3 1/2 HP bad boy router. Always wanted to move up to a beefier unit and thanks to the tip was able to get it at a great price to boot.

Pics are below to show it actually happened:

Karl Laustrup
07-14-2006, 5:53 PM
Nice haul there Jerry. That cherry looks really nice.

[Note to self....self take trip to Illinois and visit Jerry under guise of enjoying Packer game on his new HD TV. Bring trailer to haul lumber.]

Karl

Bob Childress
07-14-2006, 5:59 PM
Jerry,

I almost pulled the trigger on that router, but needed a jigsaw first.:(
The wood looks scrumptious:) Nice gloat and nice pix.

John Miliunas
07-14-2006, 7:12 PM
Jerry, I know you to be an honest, God-fearing gentleman but, you STOLE that lumber!!! :eek: For penance, you need to slug down a whole can of Pabst Blue Ribbon....WARM, stop doing Google searches for waterfalls and say, "Go Bears" three times!!! (I'll let you take Brett's picture down off the wall while you do that last one!) :eek: :D Great scores and be sure to report back on that router. I hear it's a dandy! :) :cool:

Alan Tolchinsky
07-14-2006, 7:38 PM
All right Jerry! I'm guessing the router is mainly for table use considering its size? The wood looks awesome too. Alan in Md.

Jerry Olexa
07-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Jerry, I know you to be an honest, God-fearing gentleman but, you STOLE that lumber!!! :eek: For penance, you need to slug down a whole can of Pabst Blue Ribbon....WARM, stop doing Google searches for waterfalls and say, "Go Bears" three times!!! (I'll let you take Brett's picture down off the wall while you do that last one!) :eek: :D Great scores and be sure to report back on that router. I hear it's a dandy! :) :cool:

John, GUILTY as charged!!! Yes, I need to be sentenced to do community service in that waterfall area:D :) :) PBR is not a bad beer. Used to drink it in my younger days occassionally:) :cool:

Jerry Olexa
07-14-2006, 10:48 PM
All right Jerry! I'm guessing the router is mainly for table use considering its size? The wood looks awesome too. Alan in Md.

Yes Alan. For table use. I do a fair amount of raised panels in my projects, etc. The bigger HP should help keep me out of trouble.

John Miliunas
07-14-2006, 10:54 PM
The bigger HP should help keep me out of trouble.

More horsepower to bring a Packer fan like you back to the Homeland quicker, is what will keep you out of trouble!!! :D :) :cool:

Russ Massery
07-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Nice haul Jerry! I told you Steve has great stuff and now you know. Just as a heads up.I think I'm going to sponsor a "lumber run" in the fall. So those of you in the area tried of paying too much for good lumber. (P.M. me for details) I spoke to Steve about it last saturday when I pick my great looking Quartersawn red oak. :D I still feel the Woodpecker plate would be your best bet for that bad boy of a router.:rolleyes: