PDA

View Full Version : Salad Bowl Set

Jim King
07-14-2006, 4:55 PM
This project was done at the order of my wife to our young turner while I was out of the country. The center large bowl is Orange Agate, and starting with the Bloodwood and going counter clockwise the small bowls are Bloodwood, Purpleheart, Orange Agate, Pink Flame, Dalmation, Tigre Caspi, Black Tahauri, Orange Agate Type II, Black Pashaca.

There are actually three more but they did not fit into the photo well.

Corey Hallagan
07-14-2006, 5:54 PM
Awesome Jim. A very spectacular set!

Corey

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
07-14-2006, 6:36 PM
Very nice set, Jim. You have some lovely woods, and you and your staff do some awesome work.

John Miliunas
07-14-2006, 7:22 PM
Great looking set and my compliments to the turner! Well done! :) If I may ask, what kind (if any) of finish do you folks use for daily-use bowls like that? :) :cool:

Bernie Weishapl
07-14-2006, 8:12 PM
Beautiful job. Congrats to the turner. I was going to ask the same question John. What finish do you use on these types of bowls?

Tom Sherman
07-15-2006, 3:24 AM
awsome salad setting Jim. Nice to come home to such suprises huh?

Mark Cothren
07-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Pretty cool, Jim! What a variety!

Dennis Peacock
07-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Very nice Jim!!!!! Pretty stuff.

But, let me ask you this. Ya'll got any roads that lead up to your place now? I read on your site where you live and is the largest city in the world that doesn't have a single road leading to it. :eek:

Jim King
07-15-2006, 12:44 PM
The finish we use on the salad bowls is floor polyurethane . We also use it on wine glasses . I dont see much difference between a plastic container for food or a plastic finish for wood. <O:p</O:p
Personally I donīt think we will never have a road leaving here. The last road built goes nowhere into the jungle for 60 miles<ST1:METRICCONVERTER w:st="[/IMG]60" st1:metricconverter miles<> and took 50 years to complete. Tens of millions of dollars were spent on the road with at least 80% of it stolen by public officials. The jail is full of Generals and politicians who stole the money and were not smart enough to share some with the judges. This place does not work like Des Moine.