PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Ideas

Bruce Page
09-22-2003, 9:03 PM
I want to add a micro/fine adjustment system to my table saw fence. Has anyone added a micro/fine adjustment to their Biesemeyer TS fence or Biesemeyer clone? I have looked around the net and at the Jet and Dewalt sites but haven’t found any pictures.
If you have any pictures can you post them or send me an email?

Thanks!

Human beings are the only creatures that allow their children to come back home. -- Bill Cosby

David Klug
09-23-2003, 10:09 AM
Bruce, I have a Vega with the micro adjustment built in. You might check with them and see if they have some type of add on that you can use.

Dave

Bruce Page
09-23-2003, 11:17 AM
Bruce, I have a Vega with the micro adjustment built in. You might check with them and see if they have some type of add on that you can use.

Dave

David,
I’m just looking for some pictures of existing designs that I can clone and modify to my needs. I plan on fabricating all the hardware myself; I have a cool little digital mic that I picked up that I want to incorporate into it.
I will check out Vega’s website and see if they have some pic’s of their setup.

George Grubaugh
09-23-2003, 12:11 PM
I saw one in the Taunton Press "Tablesaw, 25 years of Fine Woodworking" book. I'm going to make one too. It seems to me I was going to modify the design to fit my needs.

Bruce Page
09-23-2003, 7:44 PM
David,
I’m just looking for some pictures of existing designs that I can clone and modify to my needs. I plan on fabricating all the hardware myself; I have a cool little digital mic that I picked up that I want to incorporate into it.
I will check out Vega’s website and see if they have some pic’s of their setup.

Vega's website doesn't show any pictures of their fine adjust either. :(
Doesn’t anyone at SMC have a fence with a fine adjust that they could take some pictures of?

Ed Falis
09-24-2003, 4:39 PM
Bruce,

Don't know whether it'll help much but there is a bit of a picture of the micro-adjust on the HTC fence (Bies clone) at Lee Valley. http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page=47305&category=1%2C41080&SID=&ccurrency=2

- Ed

Jamie Buxton
09-24-2003, 6:39 PM
Tahoe Tools (www.tahoetools.com) sells an aftermarket micro-adjuster. A friend of mine put one on his Biesemeyer, on a Unisaw, and he says it works exactly as advertised -- that is, well.

It is generally less expensive to buy something built on a production line than to duplicate it yourself from skratch -- particularly if you value your time at anything more than $0/hr.

Jamie

Bruce Page
09-24-2003, 7:54 PM
Thanks guys,

Something like the Lee Valley system is what I’m trying to come up with – something that is completely out of the way. I don’t quite understand how it works though. You would need some way to clamp onto the tube and push / pull the fence, the LV has a second lock lever so obviously that is exactly what is going on, I just don’t understand the mechanics of it yet. :confused:

I will post pictures of what I come up with when I finally settle on a design and build it. :rolleyes: