PDA

View Full Version : Another Addition---BLUE?????

Gary Max
07-14-2006, 1:19 PM
Hey I did not ask for them to paint this any color much less BLUE.
But I ain't turning a free paint job down. I really think it will grow on me after awhile. Anyway thanks for the Design help goes to Mr. Peacock. The Steady Rest will go down as small as 4 inchs and out to 18---should take care of my needs. Now I just got to find the time to give it a test run.

John Miliunas
07-14-2006, 1:27 PM
Wow, Gary!!! Who cares what color it is???!!! :D (Unless your name is Hoyt and insist on everything being color-coordinated with mayo-white!:rolleyes: ) Another "one of those projects" on my list. Now only if I knew how to weld, had a big enough welder, the skill to jig it up properly, the....the....Oh, never mind! :o I'm hopeless! :eek: That should serve you quite nicely and keep you from launching pieces into orbit!!! (DAMHIKT)! :rolleyes: :cool:

Tom Sherman
07-14-2006, 1:41 PM
Gary looks like that one should take care of your wobbling woes.

Gary Max
07-14-2006, 1:50 PM
John I got to be honest---all I done was fetch the matal and cut steel to size.
My machinest did all the welding and fab work. We do not want talk about that bill.
The wheels are from Ebay--- this only took about two months to get everything done.

Tom Stover
07-14-2006, 2:28 PM
Gary, that should do a good job for you and considering where you live the color could be nothing but blue. Go Big Blue.(U of Ky). :D :D

Mark Cothren
07-14-2006, 3:20 PM
Lookin' good, Gary! Travis' design works great for me, too! But where's the mustard paint on that dude!!! ;)

Jeff Myers
07-14-2006, 3:33 PM
Way cool,
How's it mount to the bed?

Gary Max
07-14-2006, 4:56 PM
Jeff I spent some extra to get a block milled---it's welded to the rest and fits very tight between the rail---then I have a 5 inch bolt that drops down to a 3 inch round washer with a hole in the center. It really locks in place nice.
I have been known to get a little carried away with the size of blanks I turn. --hehehe
Heck here's a pic

Ernie Nyvall
07-14-2006, 7:05 PM
Congrats Gary. That looks great. Question... what are the advantages of four wheels over three?

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
07-14-2006, 8:14 PM
Congrats Gary. Looks like it will do the job.

Gary Max
07-14-2006, 8:44 PM
Ernie that one is easy. The Ebay auction was for eight wheels.
That gives me a extra set----sorry that's the best answer I got---LOL

Dennis Peacock
07-15-2006, 12:44 AM
Very nice Gary..!!! But, the design and idea is from <B>Jim Ketron and Travis Stinson</B>. The real thanks goes to those two fellow turners.