PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the Basic Bowl DVD - Grumbine

Dennis Peacock
07-14-2006, 12:45 AM
Greetings,

I've had the pleasure of getting one of the early releases of Bill's new DVD.

The DVD was well done, but the music on this one just doesn't seem to fit Bill's personality. :p :D Anyway, overall the DVD was very well done with some very good points and tips about various turnings, like a bowl from a flat board, turning a crotch bowl, turning a natural edge bowl, bowl coring, and some finishing tips. I've only watched it once so far, but from what I've seen of it? It's a keeper!!!

Thanks Bill for yet another well done DVD.!!!! :D

Joe Fisher
07-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Heck yea. Another home run from Mr. G. I've only watched the first two segments, but already have learned a few new tricks. Bill's teaching style really puts you in the shop with him.

And opening up with Ride of the Valkyries was awesome :)

-Joe

Jeff Moffett
07-14-2006, 10:39 AM
I just received his first DVD this week and will definitely be adding his second to my collection. After watching the first one, I finally understand why my bowls are inferior.... I don't have a "turning muscle". :D I guess it will come with time.

George Conklin
07-14-2006, 10:50 AM
HI Dennis,
I respectfully disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed the music in this video. Ah heck... Bill could have played Polka music and it would have been OK with me:D .

John Timberlake
07-14-2006, 1:01 PM
Great reviews. Now where and when can we get it?

George Conklin
07-14-2006, 1:33 PM
www.wonderfulwood.com (http://www.wonderfulwood.com)
:)

Dennis Peacock
07-14-2006, 6:18 PM
HI Dennis,
I respectfully disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed the music in this video. Ah heck... Bill could have played Polka music and it would have been OK with me:D .

Well George....I liked it...I just said that it didn't fit the style Bill started with on his 1st DVD publication. What's the next music style for Bill's 3rd DVD? Latino?? Country? :p :rolleyes: :D

Bill Grumbine
07-14-2006, 8:35 PM
Well George....I liked it...I just said that it didn't fit the style Bill started with on his 1st DVD publication. What's the next music style for Bill's 3rd DVD? Latino?? Country? :p :rolleyes: :D

It's gonna be reggae mon! Dennis, I appreciate your comments, and I am not surprised that a gentleman from Arkysaw missed the bluegrass! :D We discussed that long and hard, and did not want the second one to look like a rehash of the first one. I already have lots of people asking me if the second one is just an updated first one. We wanted to make sure it looked as different as possible. Of course, there are bowls in it, but you know that already. :p

Bill

John Miliunas
07-14-2006, 9:17 PM
It's gonna be reggae mon!
Bill

Should be "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen!!! :D :D :D :cool:

Vaughn McMillan
07-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Perhaps Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by the Byrds? Or maybe Turn It On Again by Genesis? :D I'll stop now, before things get out of hand.

I'm looking forward to ordering the second DVD in the future, after I've better absorbed the lessons in the first one. Like Jeff, I don't really have a sufficient turning muscle, but I guess I could always just stand a little farther to the right. :p

- Vaughn

George Conklin
07-14-2006, 10:42 PM

Aye Ca rumba! Accordion's and trumpets:eek:

Say it ain't so, Bill!

Andy Hoyt
07-14-2006, 11:50 PM
I vote for Polka!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-14-2006, 11:54 PM
How about "Chickaboom Chickaboom"?

Dennis Peacock
07-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Aye Ca rumba! Accordion's and trumpets:eek:

Say it ain't so, Bill!

Oh my goodness..!!!! What have I started..!!???!!! :p :rolleyes: :D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-15-2006, 1:41 AM
Well I guess I know what my wife is getting for her birthday in August.... :D

On the music, for me this one HAS to be in there some where.....

"The Vapours" (http://www.ablett.jp/workshop/turning_japanese_snip.mp3) <-right click save as MP3 file :D

Cheers!