PDA

View Full Version : Another Router Thread and Gloat

Jack Norfleet
07-14-2006, 12:09 AM
My Father's day and Birthday presents finally arrived, though we had to wait a while until the funds were available.

My wife bought me a Milwaukee 5625 and Woodpecker Quicklift.

I had a problem with the router as it didn't have a locking lever on the base, but a call to Milwaukee had the parts to me in two days.

The QuickLift replaces a Jessem RouterLift FX that will soon be for sale when I can get the pictures resized. It even fits in the same cutout, though I will be making a stiffer tablesaw extension to support the weight.

Pics attached to appease the Pic Police.

Ted Jay
07-14-2006, 12:15 AM
My Father's day and Birthday presents finally arrived, though we had to wait a while until the funds were available.

My wife bought me a Milwaukee 5625 and Woodpecker Quicklift.

I had a problem with the router as it didn't have a locking lever on the base, but a call to Milwaukee had the parts to me in two days.

The QuickLift replaces a Jessem RouterLift FX that will soon be for sale when I can get the pictures resized. It even fits in the same cutout, though I will be making a stiffer tablesaw extension to support the weight.

Pics attached to appease the Pic Police.

WOOHOO!!!!!
congrats to you too.
Ted

Steve Roxberg
07-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Jack,

Let me know how you like the quick lift. I would have bought that router on sale this week had I not bought a used D4, a Router bit set, and other misc accesories for the D4.

That is the lift I'd like, and the 3 1/4 would be nice. Do let us know how you like the new lift.

What size router does the old lift fit?

Allen Bookout
07-14-2006, 12:20 AM
You are going to absolutely love that router.

I cannot believe that it did not have a locking lever. What a mess up. Not like Milwaukee. Someone must have had a hangover when it was assembled.

Allen

Jack Norfleet
07-14-2006, 12:26 AM
I was a little stunned when I unpacked the router and it had no lever assembly. They took care of it quick, so I am not that upset.

Yes, I am very pleased with both gifts. (if I was younger, I would have said "STOKED").

I have a built in entertainment center and storage shelf project coming up and expect to do quite a few raised panel doors.

As for the lift, I really like the fit and finish and the design. When I get a chance to use it, I will post my impressions.

scott spencer
07-14-2006, 7:44 AM
That's one hot settup Jack...glad to see you have the appropriate ventilation installed for it! :D

Jack Norfleet
07-14-2006, 7:10 PM
That's one hot settup Jack...glad to see you have the appropriate ventilation installed for it! :D

You should see that fan move the chips. Who needs a cyclone.:D