PDA

View Full Version : Nephew had an accident

Robert Mickley
07-13-2006, 7:41 PM
I had one of my nephews finally got his teeth pulled in preparation for dentures on monday. Whats the dummy do goes to work on tuesday, and wrecked his truck. After seeing the truck this morning and the crash sight we have decided he fell asleep.

http://thederrick.com/stories/07122006-3018.shtml

Right now he is in the burn unit at Mercy hospital in Pittsburgh. They are keeping him sedated and are going to continue to do so for the next 6 to 10 days. He suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns from his face down to his ankles. the worst of it being on his chest, arms and upper legs.

They where initially worried about burning in his throat and lungs. But his carbon monixide (or was it dioxide? either way)levels are high but not dangerously so.

So far they have found nothing else wrong with him but one knee is bruised. If the truck hadn't caught fire he would have walked away from it.

Don Baer
07-13-2006, 7:43 PM
Geez Robert,

Sorry to hear about that. I'll pray for his recovery.

John Scarpa
07-13-2006, 8:02 PM
Robert, I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. He's in my thoughts and prayers

Robert Mickley
07-13-2006, 8:15 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it

Jim O'Dell
07-13-2006, 8:26 PM
Prayers and zen flying toward Pittsburgh. Let us know how he progresses! Jim.

Ron Jones near Indy
07-13-2006, 9:09 PM
Prayers for your nephew and his family have been said.

Dave Ray
07-13-2006, 9:36 PM
Prayers being said for your nephew Robert.

John Miliunas
07-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to your Nephew and family, Robert. May his healing be swift and complete.

Dennis Peacock
07-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Robert,

I'm very sorry to hear of your nephew's accident. I'll be sure to remember him in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Robert Mickley
07-14-2006, 1:50 PM
Thanks again guys!! Right now progress reports will be slow. I talked to his Mother this morning and she said his tempature was down some and some of the swelling is starting to recide. He is starting to breath more on his own and the ventilator is doing less
Right now its just a waiting game :(