PDA

View Full Version : Updated angle calculator available

Dan Barber
02-23-2003, 9:47 PM
I spent a little time this afternoon and added some additional functionality to the Angle Calculator on my web site. It requires MS Office to be used for now.

Link is:

Angle Calculator (http://www.woodisourart.com/information/anglecalc.htm)

It now will solve for rise, run, hypotenuse and both angles in a right triangle - if you have any two pieces of information about the triangle. For instance if you know the rise and one angle it will determine all lengths of the sides and both angles. It only works with right triangles and does not have any error checking for now.

Give it a try and let me know if would be useful to you. If the response is good enough, I'll convert it to VBscript so those without MS Office can use it.

BTW, I changed the name of the page, so if you linked to it from the earlier post be sure to update your link.

Thanks,

Dan

BTW, I changed the name of the page, so if you linked to it from the earlier post be sure to update your link.

Joe Suelter
02-23-2003, 9:51 PM
Dan, all I get is a red x for the top box. The smaller pic below comes through.

Dan Barber
02-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Joe,

Do you have MS Office 2000 or later installed on your computer? It requires that to work for now as it's a MS Excel spreadsheet.

I'm not sure about browser compatibility either, I've only used it with IE.

Let me know your circumstances and I'll see what I can do! I'm planning on doing this in a native script language for the browsers, so if you don't have Office, don't despair.

Dan

Joe Suelter
02-23-2003, 10:13 PM
I'm sorry Dan, I feel like a moron. I even read your previous post and it still didn't click in my head! OOPS!!:p I'll bet that coming from you it's a heck of a program though, that's why I was interested!!

Tim
02-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Thanks for putting the cool angle tool out there! It works great. My trig is buried so deep I can never remember how to tell my sines from my cosines!!

Dan Barber
02-23-2003, 10:21 PM
I'll try to find the time this coming week to get this changed to something anyone with a browser can use:rolleyes: .

What I'm looking for just now is input as to what people would like to see it do.

I've got some ideas to really improve the user interface, but I've got to do a little research to find the implementation procedures.

Cheers,

Dan