PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for which glue: fiberboard to plywood

Don Morris
07-13-2006, 4:35 PM
I'd like to help a neighbor support a 16" X 20" printer at school. The printer tech people told her to place it on some 3/4" plywood. I don't want to use my Mahogany plywood but the rough plywood I have looks yukky. I have some white markerboard, the back of which is like fiberboard, I could glue it to the surface of the rough plywood to make it look better, but I wasn't sure which glue to use. Suggestions?

Mark Rios
07-13-2006, 6:36 PM
Jim Becker kindly pointed this site out to us some time ago. Here it is again, with Jim's okay I hope.

http://www.thistothat.com/

This site helps glue anything to anything else.

Don Morris
07-13-2006, 6:50 PM
I have that site on my favorites, and looked at it but the choices weren't extensive enough to cover my dilemma because I'm not sure what fiberboard is made of...wood, plastic, it's really a composite isn't it? I guess a polyurethane glue like Gorilla glue would work. Probably Elmers too, but anyone with a more definitive answer?

Mike Weaver
07-14-2006, 6:25 AM
Don,
I suspect that any glue will work ok. Most fiber board I've seen tends to swell when it gets wet, which leads me to beileve the moisture from any glue will penetrate enough to get a good bond.

Hope that helps,
-Mike

Scott Loven
07-14-2006, 8:47 AM
White glue, or wood glue if you are fast.
Scott