PDA

View Full Version : help! Fitting text to a path in corel 12...

Barbara Buhse
07-12-2006, 2:12 PM
Help please!
I am trying to fix a logo, and I need to re-create part of it.
I am having trouble adding text to the bottom of the circle, but right side up..

if it were a square, this is what I am trying to do (on a circle) and can't find the right combo of flips, rotations etc.

__WORDS HERE___

I need the words to be curved like the circle, inside the circle, and right side up. It sounds easy until I try it... it keeps putting the words on top of the circle. if I rotate them, then they are upside down.
yikes....

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Barbara

Ed Lang
07-12-2006, 2:22 PM
After you get the words where you want them, but upside down, then mirror them.

I am not sitting at Corel right now or I would give you a step by step. You are so close!!

Shaddy Dedmore
07-12-2006, 3:03 PM
in X3, you can fit the text, then click-drag it around to different points on the circle, choose the inside bottom. Then flip/mirror the text until it reads right.

Not sure on 12 or lower.

Shaddy

Barbara Buhse
07-12-2006, 3:05 PM
Thanks Ed, but its not working... the mirroring is changing all the letters to be backwards, or putting it back up on top of the circle... I know its got to be able to do it somehow, but I can't get it. :confused:

Barbara

Joe Pelonio
07-12-2006, 3:08 PM
Barbara,

Try ungrouping, converting only the text part to curves, then group, then mirror vertically, then mirror again horizontally.

Barbara Buhse
07-12-2006, 3:12 PM
:D ok, I've finally got it! I wasn't eliminating the path (circle) and it was flipping the whole thing. When flipping just the text, it works. Thanks everyone!

Barbara

Barbara Buhse
07-12-2006, 3:44 PM
as charlie brown would say... aaaarrrgh!
I lost it again... I can't seem to get the right combination. I had it, but I have no idea what I did, or where I started from.
please help :( I have attached a corel12 file, maybe someone can look at it for me? The words need to be curved the other way to right side up on the bottom of a circle. Thank you very very much!

Barbara

Mike Mackenzie
07-12-2006, 5:29 PM
Barbara,

Is this what you are looking for?

Barbara Buhse
07-12-2006, 6:10 PM
Mike, thanks a million (make that 2 million).
Its just what I needed... (Just the bottom part, but I can delete the rest)
I can't beleive that one little thing cost me all day...

Thanks again.

Barbara

Brent Vander Weil
07-12-2006, 11:14 PM
I was messing around with an object the other day trying to do the same thing in Corel 12 I never did get it to work for me... I will have to go back and try again now! :-)

Joe Pelonio
07-13-2006, 8:25 AM
Just a suggestion, when you figure it out save that file and add in the steps you used and save it with a name that's easy to remember for future reference. You'd be surprised how often it will come up again.

Dave Jones
07-13-2006, 9:08 AM
Or keep a notebook with production techniques and tips. (maybe the same one as having all the power/speed settings you find work with different materials)

Barbara Buhse
07-13-2006, 10:02 AM
ok everyone,
I just received a message from creeker named Robin,
She told me how to do it myself, and it was SO EASY.
ok, turns out there's a button at the end of the toolbar that does it for you... (Corel 12)

1) Make a cirle
2) write your text
3) fit text to path (point it to the circle)... now its on top of the circle
make sure both are selected together
4) mirror so that it is on bottom of circle
5) press button at the far right end of the (text path) toolbar that has a
little letter A and one upside down (when pointing to it, it says "place
on other side")

VIOLA!

yeah, it was that easy. I didn't even know that button was there, its so small and you can't really see what the thumbnail picture on it is.

Well, thanks everyone, and especially Robin,
this is one thing I'll never forget how to do now.

Barbara