PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City Tools Planes

Simon Auchterlonie
07-12-2006, 9:01 AM
Howdy,

Have any of you guys used any of the BCT smoothing planes or their planes in general? I'm interested specifically in the CT-10 low angle and the CT-12. Looking for Pros and Cons.....are the LNs better or are the BCT just as good?

Cheers and thanks for the help.

SimonA

Steve Wargo
07-12-2006, 9:54 AM
I've used a few of the Bridge City tools planes. they work fine. If you can get a good deal on them they hold their value well. They are certainly shiney. Do they work better than the LN's. Probably not, but they do have the x-factor. They look great and feel great in the hand. Hope you make out well.

Brent Smith
07-12-2006, 11:01 AM
I have a CT10. Came out of the box in perfect shape, didn't need to touch it. Does it work better than a LN.....No, I'd say it's on par. For my hand, it does feel better. It is a beautifully made plane with perfect fit and finish. Buying one is more of an indulgence than a improvement to a plane collection (assuming you have LNs or Veritas and the like already).

Simon Auchterlonie
07-12-2006, 4:18 PM
Thanks guys.......As long as it is on par with the LNs then I don't mind, but I wouldn't want one if its not as good, doesn't seem much point. I do have a good offer to purchase one which got me thinking if they would be any good.

Brent, is yours a user plane or does it just look pretty on the shelf? Could I trouble you for a couple of photos of your CT-10 so I can get a good look at what I would be purchasing?

It would be to go along side some LNs and Cliftons.

Steve, Brent, thankyou both for your input.

Simon

Brent Smith
07-12-2006, 9:20 PM
Simon....mine is a user. I don't have a camera, so a pic would be impossible. You can go to their web site and right under the logo, click on commemerative tools and you'll see a pic and get all the info you need on it. I think they even still have some for sale.