Ernie Kuhn
07-12-2006, 1:35 AM
May be in market for hollowing rig.
Pros and Cons of Jamison or others?
Thanks in advance,
Ernie

Cecil Arnold
07-12-2006, 10:16 AM
I've got it, I like it. Seems a bit pricey, but anything that goes with the spiny thing is.

Jim Becker
07-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Like Cecil...got it. Love it. No way would I ever want to hollow without a captive system unless it's something quite small...too much stress on my hands and arms.

Dennis Peacock
07-12-2006, 1:59 PM
Got it, Love it....won't switch to any other that I've seen already. :D

Brad Schmid
07-12-2006, 4:36 PM
I detect a theme;)
Got it (3 yrs ago), Love it... only thing I want is the heavier accessory boring bar for more reach.

Andy Hoyt
07-12-2006, 4:57 PM
I'm the proud owner of a brand spanking new hollering rig that was custom built just for me. Titanium alloy stabilizers, power sun visors, hot and cold running compressed air jets. Yup, the whole works. Have been on it straight for three days and am in heaven.

Travis Stinson
07-12-2006, 6:40 PM
Got one..........LOVE IT! Even got a 24" long 1 1/4" SS bar turned down to 3/4" on one end to fit for the big stuff.:cool:

Ernie Kuhn
07-13-2006, 1:17 AM
Thank y'all, er, all of you!

I'm sold.

Andy, not fair without pictures!!!

As allways, the folks here come through, again and again.

Thank you so much.

Ernie

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-13-2006, 4:05 AM
.................. Andy, not fair without pictures!!!

I heard that Andy is "not fair" with pictures, just harder to look at..... ;) :D

I'm looking at a hollowing rig as well, but I'm going to make my own (I'm sure you are all really surprised :rolleyes: ).

What makes this "Jamison" rig so much better than others?

If I'm going to make my own, I might as well copy a good design...... ;) :D

Cheers!

Keith Burns
07-13-2006, 8:14 AM
I recently got my rig set up and it is great. I had the "D" handle built by a very special friend, bought the Jordan 16" bar and built the Secodary "captive" rest myself. There are plans for the rest can be found on the internet.

Blake McCully
07-13-2006, 8:25 AM
I too have the Jamison rig, got it at the symposium. I have never done any deep hollowing, just small stuff, so I'm having a learning curve problem. That said, I like it a lot and glad I made the investment.

Now, the 3M jooltool is another matter all together:(