PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic planner restoration #2

Jeff Horton
07-11-2006, 10:53 PM
He's off to a commanding lead! Of course that just means he tires out in the final sprint.

Motor is in the shop and since work was slow today I worked on some parts and pieces. Just got several parts primed. Still have to work on that base and it is going to take some time to get it ready to paint. It's sad looking.

Work will slow as I am busy the rest of the week with real work as my wife calls it. But at least I got a good start.

Jim Becker
07-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Lookin' good, Jeff!

Julio Navarro
07-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Looks good.

More pics please.

Karl Laustrup
07-12-2006, 12:27 PM
I probably missed something along the way, but is that a primer or final color for the planer? Whatever the color, it is looking good. :D

Karl

Alan DuBoff
07-12-2006, 3:57 PM
Looks awesome so far Jeff!

Did you drop the base in the tank to clean it up? If so, did you build your own tank? Would be curious how you did that, since I need to do some large cleaning...

CPeter James
07-12-2006, 5:33 PM
Information on electrolysis.

http://www.fboerger.com/Restoration%20Tips/Restoration%20Tips%20Page.htm#Electrolysis

CPeter

Jeff Horton
07-13-2006, 2:46 PM
Karl, that is just gray sandable primer. The final color is a medium gray. It's actually Massey Furgeson Gray from Tractor Supply. :cool: Their Valspar paint is TOUGH! I am very impressed with it.Much tougher than Rustoleum from what I have seen. Just extremely limited color choices. Like John Deere green and yellow. Massey Ferguson gray and red. :)

Alan, I dunked it a kiddie pool last night going too do half at a time. Got up this morning and it was empty. Obviously a pin hole somewhere. So I guess I am going to build another Red Neck swimming pool ;) just on a smaller scale. Will post photos when I get it done. Lots going on right now though.