PDA

View Full Version : Jordan's Visit

Mike Hill
07-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Well it seems like we are having all the Grandkids visit. This is a project I did with Granddaughter Jordan who is 8 and visiting from Montgomery TX(near Houston) for 3 days. She has Cardinals in her backyard, so we went on the Internet and found a Bird House suitable for a Cardinal. The colors and design are Jordan's idea, apologies in advance for all of you fans of other College Teams :rolleyes: Jordan did the gluing, painting and designed the Longhorn.

Mike and Jordan

Don Baer
07-11-2006, 12:11 PM
very nice and she's quit the artist.

John Timberlake
07-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Really cool. Great to do thing with kids, especially grandkids. Building memories as much as birdhouses.

Karl Laustrup
07-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Very nice Mike. Jordan is quite the artist.

I'd hate to think what that steer would look like it I was trying to do it. :o :eek:

Karl

Mike Hill
07-11-2006, 4:16 PM
Thanks for the replies, I always let the Grandkids read them and hope someday they will enjoy wood working as much as I do. Of 7 Grandchildren, Jordan is the only girl (she likes it that way :) ) and I wanted to be sure and get her involved. In a few years I want them all to start using power tools and by that time I hope to be able to teach them without putting them in danger.

Mike

tod evans
07-11-2006, 4:51 PM
priceless, way to go jordan! (you too mike) tod

Jim Becker
07-11-2006, 7:19 PM
She did a great job!!!

Vaughn McMillan
07-11-2006, 7:26 PM
Very cool Mike, and great artwork, Jordan! :)

- Vaughn

Ken Fitzgerald
07-11-2006, 8:19 PM
Way to go Gramps!.......Nice job Jordan!

Cody Colston
07-11-2006, 8:49 PM
That's great, Mike. Looks like your Jordan has practiced drawing that longhorn a couple times. :)

Here's a picture of my Jordan (youngest daughter) and her first birdhouse. By coincidence, she's a big U.T. fan also. She has her whole room decorated burnt orange. :)

Mark Rios
07-11-2006, 8:57 PM
Hey!!! they must be twins!!!

That is very cool, both of you. I like to see girls, as well as boys, starting WWing. When I went to Woodcraft to get my LN there was a man, Grandpa I assume, and a young lady roughly 16 or 17 years old buying turning supplies. Apparently, by getting these supplies she would be able to make the projects to sell that would get her to the point of having enough money to by her own big giant lathe (they showed me which one, a Jet, but heck, what do I know about lathes). Anyway, she had been turning a very long time (for her life :rolleyes: ) and they truly looked to enjoy sharing that passion together. I don't know if the Grandpa had any grandsons but, with a granddaughter like that, he didn't need one. :D

Mike Hill
07-12-2006, 8:49 AM
That's great, Mike. Looks like your Jordan has practiced drawing that longhorn a couple times. :)

Here's a picture of my Jordan (youngest daughter) and her first birdhouse. By coincidence, she's a big U.T. fan also. She has her whole room decorated burnt orange. :)

Cody: I sure like the shingles idea. Your Jordan did a beautiful job. My problem is to come up with enough projects for all the Grandkids! It's interesting, but every time I do one of these small projects I learn a whole lot of things myself about woodworking.

Mike

Jerry Olexa
07-12-2006, 12:34 PM
I have a grandaughter named Jordan too (7 months old) and I'm fond of her also. Nice artistic work!!!