PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 66

mike malone
09-21-2003, 8:54 PM
I hope this is the right spot to post requests????
I need a used center trunion for a powermatic 66 tablesaw. (must have good gear teeth) Anyone??? Thanks.

Jim Becker
09-21-2003, 9:42 PM
Mike, you might have to go to PM for a part like that...I suspect it would be a rare to find a PM-66 to cannibalize for parts!

mike malone
09-21-2003, 9:49 PM
Thanks Jim...you may be right. PM wants $547 for the part. As a wise man once said, "....they must be awful proud of it". Thanks, search continues.

Jim Becker
09-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks Jim...you may be right. PM wants $547 for the part. As a wise man once said, "....they must be awful proud of it". Thanks, search continues.

Yea, that's not inexpensive, but then again...it's one of the main parts that makes the PM-66 a PM-66!

Ken Salisbury
09-22-2003, 10:57 AM
I hope this is the right spot to post requests????
I need a used center trunion for a powermatic 66 tablesaw. (must have good gear teeth) Anyone??? Thanks.

Mike,

Call Rick Warren, General Industrial Supplly (1-800-371-2220). They deal in both new and scratch and dent Jet and PM equipment. They may have a either a new or used trunion. Tell them you are a Saw Mill Creek member. If you mention my name they may charge you double though :D.

mike malone
09-22-2003, 3:31 PM
Hi Ken. THat did the job...you just saved me $130.00. Pays to join SMC web!!! What color Cadillac should i send you??
thanks a bunch. Mike

Charles McKinley
09-22-2003, 10:14 PM
Hi Mike,

I'm glad your problem is solved. Did you try a machine shop to weld the teeth then regrind them? What became out of line that allowed it to happen? I saw your post on the other site.

Good luck,

mike malone
09-23-2003, 1:03 AM
(I'm glad your problem is solved. Did you try a machine shop to weld the teeth then regrind them? What became out of line that allowed it to happen? Chuck)

hi chuck. Redmonds suggested welding and regrinding, but hinted that it would harden the teeth and eventually wear the worm gear ($30 part) Cost would have been $150ish. The situation that lead to the erosion of the teeth looks like it was laziness on the part of the previous owner. Remember the "pay me now or pay me later" ad campaign?? Simple regular cleaning of the teeth would have prevented the problem.
I did get a note from Dave L. (SMC), saying he knows of a used unit somewhere...still waiting for him to get back to me. regards, mike

Ken Salisbury
09-23-2003, 9:19 AM
Hi Ken. THat did the job...you just saved me $130.00. Pays to join SMC web!!! What color Cadillac should i send you??
thanks a bunch. Mike
No problem Mike. It shows the power of a group of woodworkers like we have here. GIS is a real supporter of SMC and many of our members have saved mucho $ there. I am just glad I could help ya.