PDA

View Full Version : New Club Member and Router class

Mark Rios
07-11-2006, 3:05 AM
I went to my first meeting of the Tuolumne (read tu-wall-a-me) River Woodworkers Association. At 45, I was one of the kids at the meeting, lol.

They have their own router guru there. I'm not sure if he's a Pat Warner or not (I really don't know what level of guru Pat Warner is but apparently he's a pretty good one :D ). I asked him a few questions and he seemed to answer them very comfortably and easily, implying, to me anyway, that he has been around the router block a number of times. I was invited to attend a three day router class at his shop. The class is on three different weekends. I was very grateful. I'm looking forward to the first class of router joinery. Thanks to Larry Cooke's post about Amazon's sale, I'll get to take my new PC 7518, seeing as how I don't have a lift for it yet. Woohoooooo.

Tonight they had a member speaking on turning miniatures. Apparently he is extra, EXTRA good. When asked, he mentioned that some of his stuff sells for $150 to $1000 at shows and such. He showed some of the tools that he uses and makes for turning the teeny, tiny stuff. He also uses old heavy duty dental tools. He also talked about finishing his teeny stuff. Apparently this is a very, very important part of the teeny, tiny, miniature turning thing. It didn't make me want to start turning (STU :D ) but it was very impressive.

All in all, it was a good time amd I'm very glad I went. Really looking forward to Saturday's class.

Don Baer
07-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Must not have happened. NO Pix.

Mark Rios
07-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Pix of a meeting??????????

Well, ok....I apologize. I guess I really need to find those pic TOS and read them. How 'bout if I take pics of the class on Saturday and post them? Would that be oaky?

:D

Cecil Arnold
07-11-2006, 12:06 PM
First it was Tyler and Chris P. now Don's turned into a picture Nazi.

Mark Rios
07-11-2006, 12:18 PM

Hey now......Nazi may be a little strong. Maybe a picture Roman Gladiator or a picture Yakuza but not a pic Nazi.

:D

Mark Pruitt
07-11-2006, 1:12 PM
Must not have happened. NO Pix.
Ya know, it looks to me like Mark and Cecil don't exist either! Don't see pics of either of 'em!:D :p

Doug Shepard
07-11-2006, 1:16 PM

Until we see pics of Don in a Nazi uniform, it didn't happen :D

Lee DeRaud
07-11-2006, 1:21 PM
Ya know, it looks to me like Mark and Cecil don't exist either! Don't see pics of either of 'em!:D :pMaybe not, but, dude, you really need a haircut! :eek:

(Now watch him change his avatar and bugger up a perfectly good joke...)