PDA

View Full Version : Who's the guy in Phoenix area that folks use for sharpening

Don Baer
07-10-2006, 9:21 PM
Th was discussing with my neighbor and I couldnt remember.

Hoa Dinh
07-10-2006, 9:24 PM
Scott Whiting in Glendale, AZ.

scottsharpaz@qwest.net

Jim Becker
07-10-2006, 9:29 PM
I have personally met Scott...a genuine nice guy! Folks out on the "left-side" are lucky to have him available!

Dave Falkenstein
07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Lucky for me, I live in the Phoenix area. Scott Whiting is the guy I go to for all of my sharpening needs.

Alan DuBoff
07-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Lucky for me, I live in the Phoenix area. Scott Whiting is the guy I go to for all of my sharpening needs.Dave,

Not sure I would call that luck, especially about now as we move into the summer season!;)

But I do hear good stuff about Scott and would use him to sharpen blades for me when needed.

I just bought 5 new blades for my table saw, so don't think I'll be needing sharpening anytime real soon. The reason I bought 5 was that they were only $12/ea and at that price they're like disposables.

Dave Falkenstein
07-11-2006, 1:34 AM
Dave,

Not sure I would call that luck, especially about now as we move into the summer season!;)...

Actually I lied - I head to Flagstaff for the summers. The way I see it, Phoenix has 9 months of the best weather in the country and 3 months of desert heat. But, it is a dry heat!!!

Mark Rios
07-11-2006, 2:22 AM
Does he have a website?

Is there another way top get ahold of him other than email?

Alan DuBoff
07-11-2006, 2:29 AM
Actually I lied - I head to Flagstaff for the summers. The way I see it, Phoenix has 9 months of the best weather in the country and 3 months of desert heat. But, it is a dry heat!!!That's quite a bit different, Flagstaff is a LOT cooler. But you have to go to Phoenix to get your blades sharpened...better wait for winter time to head over there!

BTW, how much does Scott charge to sharpen a 10" or 12" blade?

David Rose
07-11-2006, 3:19 AM
Last I checked he didn't have a web site. He does have a phone, but I lost it in a previous drive. :o

Scott is a good man in dealing. I sent him a set of blades that were on my jointer. He said that he would sharpen them, but that the steel was not very good. At that point, he would have sent them back at no charge. Since he knew that Amanas were good, and his price was excellent, he got a sale instead. He's worth tracing down in my book.

David, who values good service

Does he have a website?

Is there another way top get ahold of him other than email?

Dave Falkenstein
07-11-2006, 11:09 AM
...BTW, how much does Scott charge to sharpen a 10" or 12" blade?

Alan - the price depends on the number of teeth. As I recall, a 10" combo blade is around $15, but get the real numbers from Scott.

Mark - you can call Scott at (623) 931-0633. He does not have a web site to my knowledge.

Scott Whiting
07-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Actually Dave Falkenstein dropped me an email.

Regarding sharpening you can either email me or call me at 800-594-7262.

As to the weather: Excepting the Monsoon I love it here, but I am a lizard. I did get a chance to visit Prescott and Jerome on Saturday and in a couple of rainstorms it dropped into the sixties which if it had stayed there I would have had to put on the coat I had taken with me for just those occasions.

Don Baer
07-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Scott,
Thanks for dropping by. I'll be calling you in a few weeks when I start setting up the new temp shop in Queen Creek.

Mark Rios
07-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks very much to all for answering my query and thanks to Scott for chiming in himself. Email on the way.