PDA

View Full Version : Posting messages - Smilies

Mark Rios
07-10-2006, 1:08 PM
Here's a question I've had for quite awhile now; When posting a new message, why does the position of the individual smilies change inside their box? It seems that any given smilie doesn't keep it's same position. One time it (any one) will be on the bottom left, then the next time it will be on the top row then in the middle.

I know that this isn't very close to being a life threatening issue but it is curious to me.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Lee DeRaud
07-10-2006, 1:15 PM
You're talking about the box to the right of the edit window? I've got a more basic question: why is that box there at all?

Before Aaron upgraded vBulletin last year, you could click on a smiley in that box and it would insert it. That feature went away: now you have to use the drop-down list up above...and that one changes order as well, so usually the one you want is at the bottom and you have to scroll the list to get to it.

What up with that? :confused:

Jim Becker
07-10-2006, 1:41 PM
Clicking on them works for me, Lee... ;)

Art Mulder
07-10-2006, 2:09 PM
Clicking on them works for me, Lee... ;) me too... :cool::p;):D:o:rolleyes:
I just had a look at my User CP as well, and I don't see anything there that might seem to affect this.

Oh, and Mark, I just tried a bunch of things, and the sunglasses-smilie is always the first one for me. Hmm, don't recal if it has always been that way, but it has been for the last 5 minutes!

Aaron Koehl
07-10-2006, 2:46 PM

Huh?

Lee DeRaud
07-10-2006, 3:47 PM
Clicking on them works for me, Lee... ;)Dunno what to tell ya...they used to work for me, too. I can copy them from the right-click menu, but left-clicking on them does absolutely nothing.

(I've got "editing mode" set to "enhanced, full WYSIWYG", if that matters.)