PDA

View Full Version : who wants to help?

tod evans
07-10-2006, 12:05 PM
folks i don`t know forrest price from adam, all i know of the man i`ve learned through smc. what i do know is that last december his shop burnt down;
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=27163

not once have i heard any complaining or cries for pitty......in my book a fellow who puts his nose to the grindstone and gets to work rebuilding what`s been lost is worthy of my help. i`ve spoke to ken fitzgerald who lives in the same town and had him run recognizance to see if forrest would even accept help from fellow creekers. to make a long story short, yes he will. and i for one think helping the guy out who`s been delt a poor hand, and is to proud to ask for help is a good thing.
so if any of ya`ll have spare tools, old ones or unused doubles, new ones you want to chip in or even the dreaded cash i`m sure forrest would be thankfull....
since i flat out refuse to run anything but my mouth i`ll wait for ken to chime in with a mailing address or paypal information.
thanks in advance to anybody who helps out. tod

John Miliunas
07-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Super idea, Tod! :) The First National Bank of Miliunas, Bear Valley Branch, is almost tapped out BUT, I'll do whatever I can. I also do have some "duplicate" stuff and things, which I'm sure I can part with. If someone (Maybe you or Ken) could give us a "wish list", it would help certainly help in trying to get Forrest back into the world of woodworking! I'm even thinking in terms of electrical plugs, outlets, wire and stuff like that, as well as some "starter" tools to get the man back up and running. :)

I realize that to some it may start to sound as though SMC is becoming a "Charitable Organization" as of late but, this IS our community and we need to take care of our own! :) Hey, we could be like the "Red Cross of Woodworkers"!!! :D Count me "IN"!!!:) :cool:

tod evans
07-10-2006, 12:29 PM
yeah john i seriously thought about not even starting a "help" thread.. but since i first read about forrests shop i`ve felt somebody needed to stick out their hand and give the guy a leg up. ken just gave me the go-ahead yesterday so i lollygagged `till now to post it. honestly folks i feel that tools and materials are far more personal than cash but any way to help is still help.........and if smc is turning into the red-cross of woodworkers at least i feel good about doing this and i appoligize to anybody who feels that as a forum we`re becomming a drain.....02 tod

John Miliunas
07-10-2006, 12:43 PM
yeah john i seriously thought about not even starting a "help" thread.. but since i first read about forrests shop i`ve felt somebody needed to stick out their hand and give the guy a leg up. ken just gave me the go-ahead yesterday so i lollygagged `till now to post it. honestly folks i feel that tools and materials are far more personal than cash but any way to help is still help.........and if smc is turning into the red-cross of woodworkers at least i feel good about doing this and i appoligize to anybody who feels that as a forum we`re becomming a drain.....02 tod

IMHO, Tod, you have no need to "apologize"! I sincerely feel that SMC is even more than a community; It's more like family and that's what families do!!! :) I've always lived by, "What goes around, comes around." I expect absolutely nothing in return from those whom I've been able to help in some little way, yet I know that, whether it comes back from them or from someone else in the position to do so, it will make its way back to me. (Just please, no more thongs!!! :rolleyes: )

But still, a list of some sort for needed items would be of great help. I think many, if not most of us, have items we rarely or never use, which would be of help to Forrest in getting set back up!:) :cool:

tod evans
07-10-2006, 12:53 PM
ball`s in kens court......i`ve never met forrest, nor seen his shop so when ken gets done cussing me for dumping this in his lap i expect he`ll chime in? tod

Mark Rios
07-10-2006, 1:03 PM
He didn't have any insurance on the shop/building? Homeowners insurance should cover tool loss as long as it's for "hobby" use, at lest here in CA.

If he had any kind of note on the property he had to have insurance.

That is just heartbreaking. I don't remember hearing/reading about this last year, sorry. At least all the pets and animals are okay.

Julio Navarro
07-10-2006, 1:54 PM
Tod, if you want to start a collection I'll send 20 bucks towards the purchase of a gift card to Rockler, Woodcraft or one of the BORGs.

Jeffrey Schronce
07-10-2006, 2:15 PM
He didn't have any insurance on the shop/building? Homeowners insurance should cover tool loss as long as it's for "hobby" use, at lest here in CA.

If he had any kind of note on the property he had to have insurance.

I have discussed this with him. You are correct that non-professional use is usually covered by the typical homeowners policy (beware of even the slightest biz use though!).
I don't want to disclose his personal info and he is certainly free to do so, however the ownership and insuring arrangement will not likely provide coverage for any of his personal property.

Al Willits
07-10-2006, 2:17 PM
Gift card might be a good idea, some of us, well..me anyway, are so new to woodworking that we don't have much extra laying around...:)

I have a couple of extra aluminum pipe wrenches though?:)

Al

Steve Clardy
07-10-2006, 2:38 PM
I'm in with whatever I can do [afford] to help

Chuck Trisdale
07-10-2006, 2:38 PM
It will be cash though. I would be embarrassed to send him my cast offs, based on what he had in his shop! A few of us and a little cash can go a long way. Think how sickening that must be. That was mucho dollars that burned up in there just in the few tools Forrest named. I will check back and if someone gets a way I will contribute $150 bucks.

Reading that thread did prompt me to get my ins checked though. I use my woodworking time as "me" time and it is one of the best activities I do for "me". I cant imagine not having that time during a time like this. Good luck Forrest and maybe this little bit will help.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-10-2006, 2:42 PM
Folks......I'm busy at the moment but I'll go to my bank later today and set up a special account for this. Please bear with me.

Julio Navarro
07-10-2006, 3:47 PM
Ken, will you set up a PayPal account for this so we can wire you the money?

john whittaker
07-10-2006, 4:12 PM
Thanks Tod & Ken for the leadership. Worthy cause...I'm in. Keep us posted.

Steve Clardy
07-10-2006, 4:31 PM
Just another thought here.
There used to be a foundation, or association [cannot remember the name] that would help out artists, craftsman, to rebuild after fires and such.
Anyone remember the name of it?

Forrest Price
07-10-2006, 5:41 PM
Ahhhhh Geez.....you guys are all just incredible. We are truly humbled by all this support. Woodworkers may be crazy sometimes, and we can get carried away (See Abyysseration thread!:eek:) But there isn't a better group of folks anywhere in the world!

The support we've seen is a testament to the goodness that lies within each one of us crazy sawdust creators!

For those who'd like a look at the carnage, (dialup beware) we do have a page that shows some of the detail. See our site at www.hcgsp.com and click the shopfire link.

Thanks to all of you so much,
Forrest & Suzanne

Dennis Peacock
07-10-2006, 6:10 PM
Well....toss in another Arky willing to help out. Just keep me posted.

Ed Breen
07-10-2006, 7:12 PM
Howdy,
Here's one Okie who will help. Just let me know ---when and to whom for the gift card.
Ed:p

Andy Hoyt
07-10-2006, 7:27 PM
Well - we had a wee bit of donated money left over after my purchasing rampage of abysserables took place last month at the Parkersburg, WV candy store. And after consulting with a number of right minded folks, I'm happy to say that it was decided to give it all to Forrest.

So let me know where and/or how and there'll be $205 on it's way. It's coming from 76 Creekers representing 29 states and 3 other countries.

Oh! And Forrest. I have 43 worn out phillips screw drivers and 87 stripped metric wrenches and sockets. Lemme know if you want 'em:D

Al Willits
07-10-2006, 8:08 PM
Remember some of us, well me anyway, don't do paypal, so a account to send something would be nice.

Al who can't afford paypal after this forum...:)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-10-2006, 9:24 PM
Okay.........here's where I am at and what I'd like to do. I'm open to suggestions.

1. Today I set up an account at my bank. The easiest for me to deal with would be checks or money orders made out to:

The Forrest Price Shop Donation

My bank provided a fee free account but the word "donation" has to appear in the name of the account.

You can send the checks and or money orders to my address and I'll deposit them.

My address:

Ken Fitzgerald
624 Airway Ave.
Lewiston, Idaho

My view on this..........send what ever you can afford. I will not reveal who sent what amount.

After a given period of time......say 6 weeks....I'll write a check to Forrest and close the account.

By having a separate account for this purpose only I can provide proof of what deposits were made. I will provide an accounting to the members here if asked to.

I don't have a clue about setting up a Pay-Pal account and don't know if it'd be worth the hassle for such a short time. Besides....paypal gets 4% of the money that way IIRC.

Let me know what your feelings are on this.

Myself.....I made a donation this afternoon to open the account.

Don Baer
07-10-2006, 9:29 PM
OK with me ken I don't do Pay-Pal either.. Cash on it's way.

Chuck Trisdale
07-11-2006, 1:42 AM
Good Luck Forrest. I hope you get everything back together in short order. I looked at the pics...ugh, what a sickening sight. Funny, in your pics you said you had just gotten the 17" Grizzly to replace your 14". I am almost finished setting up my 14" with riser block from Grizzly (go555) that I got yesterday (well, I got the riser block today). I am also waiting on some blades in the next couple of days. We'll see how it works.

Good luck to you. I know it will be weird to post gloats about tools you got from donations, BUT please do!! I really would like to see your shop coming back together. It is very nice to be a prt of a group like this.

Thanks to Ken and Tod!

tod evans
07-11-2006, 8:35 AM
so forrest,
how `bout putting together a wish list of mailable tools so that folks who would rather send stuff than bucks can try to gather stuff up?
andys worn out phillips probably wouldn`t do much good but the fellow who has upgraded his dado set from 6" to 8" could provide a usefull tool? or the fellow who just bought the new l/n plane that no longer appreiciates his old stanley.....get the drift?
when i look at the amount of incidentals it takes to stock my shop it`s scarry! bits-blades-hammers-prybars-levels-squares-drivers-scrapers- the list goes on and on....

so if you`d put together a list of sorts i`m sure lotsa folks would be able to help out with stuff. then if things go well the cash might help fix or replace some of the larger stuff........02 tod

Ken Werner
07-11-2006, 9:12 AM
what Tod said...

Ken

Forrest Price
07-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Our first "Big" item we plan to purchase is going to be a planer. Then we'll fix our aircompressor motor, rebuild the bandsaw and jointer. This will get us back to woodshop status and we'll go from there.

Here's a rundown on some of the items we'd like to replace.
Shop Supplies & Tools:
<list>
Sandpaper sheet/6"round
Turning tools
Pen Turning kits, mandrel, bushing sets etc.
6"-12" clamps
10" rip blade
10" crosscut blade
12" mitersaw blade
Anyline dies, powder & liquid
buffing wheels for grinder
bowl buffer
tripoli/wax/white diamond bars
handsaws
circ saw
jigsaw
sawzall
Filter/regulator for aircompressor line
4" blast gates for dust collector
bags for grizzly G1030 DC 19" x 33" Top & bottom
4" fittings for DC line el's, wye's, etc
belt sander
router for table
1/2" & 1/4" router bits
combo square
small engineer type square
marking gauge
marking knife
pressure switch for 220v 150psi air compressor
plastic sides for shopfox classic tablesaw fence
tape for shopfox fence 52" </list>

Steve Clardy
07-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Looking at the list, I'd rather send tools and supplies.

Need address

Mark Rios
07-11-2006, 12:24 PM
so forrest,
how `bout putting together a wish list of mailable tools so that folks who would rather send stuff than bucks can try to gather stuff up?
andys worn out phillips probably wouldn`t do much good but the fellow who has upgraded his dado set from 6" to 8" could provide a usefull tool? or the fellow who just bought the new l/n plane that no longer appreiciates his old stanley.....get the drift?
when i look at the amount of incidentals it takes to stock my shop it`s scarry! bits-blades-hammers-prybars-levels-squares-drivers-scrapers- the list goes on and on....

so if you`d put together a list of sorts i`m sure lotsa folks would be able to help out with stuff. then if things go well the cash might help fix or replace some of the larger stuff........02 tod

Oh Tod....how subtle.......:D :D :D

Mark Rios
07-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Our first "Big" item we plan to purchase is going to be a planer. Then we'll fix our aircompressor motor, rebuild the bandsaw and jointer. This will get us back to woodshop status and we'll go from there.

Hey Forrest and all you engineer types out in the Creek. Am I to infer that Forrest plans to reuse the compressor tank? Should it be tested in some fashion for soundness after experiencing the heat from the fire?

Just a thought.

fred woltersdorf
07-11-2006, 12:34 PM
there was a similar thread at the wwa info exchange recently that i think larry norton had something to do with helping forrest.i donated a hd gift card as with a number of other people, but it would take a lot to replace everything.i'll donate again if someone sets up a paypal account.

John Miliunas
07-11-2006, 12:45 PM

Here's a rundown on some of the items we'd like to replace.
Shop Supplies & Tools:
<LIST>
Sandpaper sheet/6"round
Turning tools CHECK>>Just a couple HSS pieces
Pen Turning kits, mandrel, bushing sets etc.
6"-12" clamps CHECK>>>24" (light duty) if I can find proper box
Also will include several sets of pipe clamp ends for 3/4" pipe.
10" rip blade CHECK
10" crosscut blade
12" mitersaw blade CHECK
Anyline dies, powder & liquid
buffing wheels for grinder
bowl buffer
tripoli/wax/white diamond bars
handsaws
circ saw CHECK
jigsaw CHECK
sawzall
Filter/regulator for aircompressor line
4" blast gates for dust collector
4" fittings for DC line el's, wye's, etc
belt sander
router for table
1/2" & 1/4" router bits PROBABLY
combo square CHECK
small engineer type square CHECK
marking gauge CHECK
marking knife CHECK
tape for shopfox fence 52" </LIST>
2 OR 3 Hand-me-down hand planes. (Bench size.)

OK, I'm heading off to get some tires for my vehicle but, later today or tomorrow, will package up stuff as noted in red above. :) :cool:

tod evans
07-11-2006, 6:31 PM
Oh Tod....how subtle.......:D :D :D

mark, i`m subtle like an anvil......but you`ve gotta admit it was a perfect example? tod

tod evans
07-11-2006, 6:40 PM
Looking at the list, I'd rather send tools and supplies.

Need address

steve i`m sending a box to ken, figure he`ll take care of delivery and post pics all at once? tod

Steve Clardy
07-11-2006, 7:15 PM
steve i`m sending a box to ken, figure he`ll take care of delivery and post pics all at once? tod

Yes. Sounds ok. I'll get Ken's address

tod evans
07-11-2006, 7:37 PM
Yes. Sounds ok. I'll get Ken's address

post #21 this thread.

Steve Clardy
07-11-2006, 7:53 PM
post #21 this thread.

check. that one slide by me.:o

Steve Clardy
07-11-2006, 9:08 PM
Question for Forrest.

What size hole pattern on the 6" round paper.
PSA or H&L ???

If I don't have what you need there, I'll send a 5" sander with paper.

Reg Mitchell
07-11-2006, 9:38 PM
Hey tod...what kind of tool ca he use since i have some dups....let me know back chanel .....
Reg

Forrest Price
07-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Question for Forrest.

What size hole pattern on the 6" round paper.
PSA or H&L ???

If I don't have what you need there, I'll send a 5" sander with paper.

Hi Steve, yes, I suppose that would have been helpful info.:o

I have a 6" Ridgid ROS that uses H&L discs. I bought it to replace the Dewalt that burned up. Good sander!

Doug Jones from Oregon
07-12-2006, 2:32 PM
Forrest...so sorry to hear about your loss. I remember back when I first went pro in my shop and had my first break-in. I lost in excess of 12k worth of tools, computers, digi-camera's, etc. Unfortunately, I had no insurance at that time for various reasons. It was amazing to me, as I seriously considered quitting, the out pouring of support and offers of help from my customers. It was enough to convince me to replace necessary equipment and continue on. Now, 4 years later and 3 insured breakins, I'm in the process of selling my business.

Now, after that long story...if you can give us some idea of what types of things you are still needing....all my equipment will not be going with the sale but I am going to be getting rid of everything that does not fit well in a smallish RV...and I can't think of a better home than a woodworker in Idaho! I'm sure I have a few things around here I can part with....after all, who really needs 12 routers?

Doug

My edit...I suppose one should read all of the posts fore one opens one mouth.....

I have several boxes of 6" PSA paper I no longer have a sander for...
a Sawzall
Filter Regulator for air system
Porter Cable 690 and base

These I can send this week...let me know if the sandpaper is of any use for you....

tod evans
07-12-2006, 3:03 PM
[quote=Ken Fitzgerald]
By having a separate account for this purpose only I can provide proof of what deposits were made. I will provide an accounting to the members here if asked to.

quote]

yeah right ken! i was just rereading to get your address for my care package and stumbled across this? do you want keys to my shop? that`s how worried i am about your honesty! tod

Ben Roman
07-12-2006, 3:16 PM
I am in for a hand plane.. Do we just send it to Ken's address??

Ben

tod evans
07-12-2006, 3:33 PM
I am in for a hand plane.. Do we just send it to Ken's address??

Ben

that`s what i`m doing...

John Miliunas
07-12-2006, 3:41 PM
I've got Forrest's addy but, either way works for me. :) I was just going to send stuff along straight to Forrest, just so Ken wouldn't have to handle stuff twice. He needs to save some of his energy for working on his own spinny thing, you know! :D :cool:

Jerry Strojny
07-12-2006, 3:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your shop Forrest. :eek: Glad to hear you are starting to get things back in working order. Since I am still building up the contents of my shop I have no duplicates to send, but I am more than happy to help out with some cash. Trips to the "candy store" are always a nice treat.:)
Would love to see the progress of the tools as you restore them. (And new ones too.)

Shelley Bolster
07-12-2006, 4:44 PM
The message is gone, so am I

tod evans
07-12-2006, 4:47 PM
shelley, i`m sure forrest would be grateful for any help you`re able to offer.... thanks! tod

Forrest Price
07-13-2006, 1:42 PM
You folks are awesome!

we'll definitely post pics of the progress!

Thanks,

John Miliunas
07-13-2006, 6:53 PM
Forrest, took a bit longer than I expected but, two packages coming at ya via USPS, heading out tomorrow morning. I skipped the router bits for now, as I'm not sure what would be the most useful for you but, the rest of the stuff I marked in my original note is boxed, taped and addressed ready for the blue and white truck! :) :cool:

Steve Clardy
07-13-2006, 6:57 PM
I got a bunch of stuff picked out.
Now to find a box . Zillion boxes around here and nothing seems to fit.

Roger Bell
07-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Forrest, is there some way you can set up a "wants" list for donate-able tools and ALSO let us know when each of your "wants" have been met....like a the way a bridal registry works maybe.

I can probably put a care package together (in addition to a donation), but I wouldnt want to send duplicates of items that others have already sent.

It seems to me, from looking at the photos, that your list is rather "short", so perhaps the list could be expanded as you realize what you could use that you might not have included on your original list. Even the lowliest screwdriver costs money to replace.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-14-2006, 11:57 PM
A little bump and some news.....

We now have $260 in the shop fund.........

Ken Fitzgerald
07-15-2006, 8:17 PM
Another bump and news update..........

Total monetary donations to date...........$420.00

The generosity of the members of SMC never ever ceases to amaze me!

tod evans
07-17-2006, 1:10 PM
yet another bump......ken, let us know when your truck bed gets full:) tod

Ken Fitzgerald
07-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Another donation........total now $430.00

Ken Fitzgerald
07-18-2006, 1:53 AM
Two rather nice sized boxes of tools showed up today.

tod evans
07-18-2006, 6:47 AM
where is shiraz? i noticed that forrest has quite a few grizzly tools he`s trying to put back in order......surely discounting the necessary parts wouldn`t hurt to badly....02 tod

Forrest Price
07-18-2006, 3:55 PM
WOW! Folks, I can't believe the generousity of those here on the Creek. I met with Ken today, and he gave me these two items that came from anonymous donors. Whoever you are, I can't thank you enough.

Just unbelievable. The planer is the EXACT one that I loved so much that completely dissolved in the fire. I only wish UPS had of been a lot more careful with it, as it sustained some serious bruising on it's journey!:eek: Mostly just the left side top casing aluminum/plastic, but then the crank handle blew out where it bolts on. Will try a JB weld fix on it, or go see a friend abour turning another on his metal lathe.

The turning tools are SWEET! Robert Larson tools. Really nice set. You can feel the quality of these tools just by picking them up! Can hardly wait to put them to wood!.

Well, whoever you are that sent these.....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Forrest

Forrest Price
07-18-2006, 4:46 PM
[quote=Forrest Price]OK Roger, here's the list we put together right after the fire. I've put in RED the items I've repaired or replaced so far.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.
<list>
Powermatic 3520A Lathe Repaired
Grizzly G0513 17" Bandsaw Under repair
Grizzly G1023 Tablesaw Repaired
Ridgid 16" Floor drill press Replaced
Ridgid 6" Joiner Under repair
Ridgid 13" Planer Thanks SMC!
Grizzly G1030 Dust Collector Repaired<o =""></o>
Grizzly G1071 Spindle Sander Repaired, but still need spindles
Spindles for above sander
ShopFox W1676 Belt/Disc sander
Belts & Discs for sander
Jet VS Mini Lathe Need VS controller
Delta 36-255L 12" Twin Laser CMS Replaced with Ridgid
Speedaire 60 gal air compressor Under repair
Filter/regulator for Air Compressor
Shopsmith 10A Being stored for later repair
Craftsman 10" CMS
Jorgensen 24" Cabinet clamps 6ea
Misc plastic clamps, small, med, large
Dovetail saw
Misc handsaws
10" rip blade
10" crosscut blade
12" mitersaw blade
bowl buffer
Lincoln Sp125 Mig Welder Needs new cable(¿) handle assy.
OXY/Acet torch set repaired
Duraheat forced air kerosene heater Replaced
3/8” Hamlet bowl Gouge Repaired
½” Crown Bowl gouge
1/16” Parting tool
4” Blast gates for DC system Replaced Thanks SMC!
Long Ranger Remote for 220V DC
Hitachi M12V router
PC690 Router Thanks Doug! SMC
New Yankee Workshop Router Station
½” router bits
½” cabinet door set (cope & stile)
RCA 27" Color Stereo TV
Mini-fridge
Dvd player
speakers
Technics 5.1 receiver
Vcr
Dremel Replaced
Wood carver
DeWalt 18v 1/2" cordless drill & charger Replaced Fein 14V
Dewalt 7.2-14v charger Replaced
Ryobi 18V cordless trim saw & charger
PC Tiger Saw reciprocating saw Thanks Doug! SMC
Stihl 026 Chain saw
Homelite 18" chain saw
INCRA Pro fence sytem for router table (Replaced with standard Incra. Thanks Vaughn!)
Ridgid shop vac Replaced
Kreg Pro2000 pocket hole system
PC biscuit jointer Repaired
0, 10, 20 biscuits
Shopfox classic fence for tablesaw
PC 18 gauge brad nailer
Senco 18G Brad nailer
Bostitch framing nailer
Leigh Dovetail Jig
Levels
straightedges
speed squares
Beale buffing system
slow speed grinder Repaired
extension cords Replaced
Variety of liquid and powder anyline wood dyes
Dewalt orbital sander Replaced Ridgid 6" ROS<o =""></o>
2 bench grinders
PC belt sander
Belts for sander
Woodtek Tenoning jig
Woodburner Replaced<o =""></o>
Osborne EB3 Miter Replaced with Incra THANKS SMC!<o =""></o>
Sandpaper. misc grits multiple pieces
Pen making kits various styles
game call kits
perfume pen & atomizer kits
letter opener kits
Adjustable pen mandrel #2 morse taper
Bushing sets for above kits
Soldering gun & solder
Electrical test meter
Skil saws (worm drive & 2 standard)
Forrest Blades 10" WWII & 12" Chopmaster
Wolverine Fingernail Grind jig
small engineer type square
marking gauge
marking knife
tape for shopfox fence 52"
Wanted to update the list. Thanks folks!!

Roger Bell
07-18-2006, 10:30 PM
I have a care package on the way thru Ken, as well as a cash donation.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-19-2006, 7:11 PM
Got home.....found a package and a couple of checks in the mailbox.

Total cash donations to date......$480

Thanks to everyone for all donations tools and cash!

Forrest Price
07-19-2006, 7:22 PM
I still say it, "Creekers are the best!" The UPS guy showed up today with a monster box from Doug in Oregon!

Doug, thanks so much! LOML saw the sawzall and router and said, "Hey, those are just like the ones that burned up!"

Very appreciative. sandpaper and filter masks will be put to good use as well.
Thanks so much!

Doug Jones from Oregon
07-20-2006, 8:23 AM
Forrest, you are most welcome, I'm pleased I was able to help.

Sorry about the lack of wrenches for the routers and no 1/4" collet. If I find either while cleaning up after the dust of selling out settles, I'll slip em in the mail...I'm sure I must have some around here somewhere.

Doug

tod evans
07-20-2006, 8:27 AM
doug, you rock!!

Tyler Howell
07-20-2006, 9:37 AM
Now this is what I'm talking about.
Checks in the mail!
Thanks Guys.
TJH

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-20-2006, 10:25 AM
I don't know how I did it, but I missed this thread until now.

Forest you are getting my last $50 of American cash....

Cheers!

larry merlau
07-20-2006, 11:26 AM
was told of this a while ago then it driffted away? but i see it came back recently and will do my part to help a fellow crekker. so ken you will be receiving some redneck assistance directly for forrest.

Tom Sherman
07-20-2006, 1:18 PM
I too am guilty of missing this, but be on the lookout Ken I'll be sending a donation my self. Forrest if you like I'll see if I could get some paint for that poor ol mustard lathe...maybe a nice mayo color.:D

Forrest Price
07-20-2006, 7:51 PM
Forrest if you like I'll see if I could get some paint for that poor ol mustard lathe...maybe a nice mayo color.:D
Hah! I thought of it already! Had white, so used white!:D Now it looks kind of like a big Jet lathe.

Scott Rathburn
07-20-2006, 9:05 PM
I have a brand new pressure switch just looking for a home. I'll send it by way of Ken's house. I'll try to get it in the mail tomorrow, Hope it helps.
Scott

Pete Simmons
07-21-2006, 9:23 AM
Donation on the way.

Best of luck with the rebuild.

Pete

Forrest Price
07-21-2006, 3:49 PM
Wanted to shout out a big THANKS to Corey! USPS dropped off a package today with these in it! Wolverine Skew jig, 1/2" shank raised panel bit & straight bit, and an oval skew turning tool.
Thanks again Corey!!

Forrest Price
07-21-2006, 4:45 PM
Big THANKS out to Roger Bell too! Ken gave me a box today with Anyline dyes, 4" metal blast gates and a dovetail saw in it!

Thanks again Roger!:D

Mark Rios
07-21-2006, 9:51 PM
Is there an update? It's been three days since the last one.

Forrest Price
07-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Is there an update? It's been three days since the last one.
Hi Mark, if you're looking for an equipment update, I've been updating it each day back on page 4. I figured I'd do it there to keep from clogging up the pages. Here it is as of today:

Powermatic 3520A Lathe Repaired
Grizzly G0513 17" Bandsaw Under repair
Grizzly G1023 Tablesaw Repaired
Ridgid 16" Floor drill press Replaced
Ridgid 6" Joiner Repaired
Ridgid 13" Planer Thanks SMC!
Grizzly G1030 Dust Collector Repaired
Grizzly G1071 Spindle Sander Repaired, but still need spindles
Spindles for above sander
Belts & Discs for sander
Jet VS Mini Lathe Need VS controller
Delta 36-255L 12" Twin Laser CMS Replaced with Ridgid
Shopsmith 10A Repairable Have decided to put in storage for a while
Craftsman 10" CMS
Misc plastic clamps, small, med, large Replaced
Dovetail saw Replaced Thanks Roger B. SMC
Misc handsaws
10" rip blade Replaced Thanks John M. SMC
10" crosscut blade
12" mitersaw blade Replaced Thanks John M. SMC
bowl buffer
OXY/Acet torch set Repaired
Duraheat forced air kerosene heater Replaced
3/8” Hamlet bowl Gouge Repaired
½” Crown Bowl gouge
1/16” Parting tool
4” Blast gates for DC system Replaced Thanks Roger B. SMC!
Long Ranger Remote for 220V DC
Hitachi M12V router
PC690 Router Thanks Doug! SMC
½” router bits
RCA 27" Color Stereo TV
Mini-fridge
Dvd player
speakers
Technics 5.1 receiver
Vcr
Dremel Replaced
Wood carver
DeWalt 18v 1/2" cordless drill & charger Replaced Fein 14V
Dewalt 7.2-14v charger Replaced
PC Tiger Saw reciprocating saw Thanks Doug! SMC
Stihl 026 Chain saw
Homelite 18" chain saw
INCRA Pro fence sytem for router table (Replaced with standard Incra. Thanks Vaughn!)
Ridgid shop vac Replaced
PC biscuit jointer Repaired
0, 10, 20 biscuits
Shopfox classic fence for tablesaw
PC 18 gauge brad nailer Replaced
Senco 18G Brad nailer Repaired
Bostitch framing nailer Repaired
Leigh Dovetail Jig
Levels
straightedges
speed squares Replaced Thanks John M. SMC
Beale buffing system
slow speed grinder Repaired
extension cords Replaced
Variety of liquid and powder anyline wood dyes Replaced Thanks Roger B. SMC
Dewalt orbital sander Replaced Ridgid 6" ROS
2 bench grinders
PC belt sander
Belts for sander
Woodtek Tenoning jig
Woodburner Replaced
Osborne EB3 Miter Replaced with Incra THANKS SMC!
game call kits
letter opener kits
Soldering gun & solder
Electrical test meter
Skil saws (worm drive & 2 standard) Replaced Thanks John M. SMC
Jigsaw Replaced Thanks John M. SMC
Wolverine Fingernail Grind jig
small engineer type square Replaced Thanks John M. SMC
marking gauge Replaced Thanks John M. SMC
marking knife Replaced Thanks John M. SMC

Matt Warfield
07-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Hmm, I didn't see any mention of lumber. I have some air dried (12%) cherry and red oak if it would help him out. If so, let me know what sizes as I'm planning to sort my piles next week.

Matt

Corey Hallagan
07-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Your welcome Forrest! Glad to help out. I got those router bits last winter when Sears had those industrial bits 2 for the price of one. That skew is a sharp one buddy!

Corey

John Bailey
07-22-2006, 4:06 AM
Well, I'm back in the states and I see I've missed this thread. Check goes in the mail today. Thanks to todd and Ken for orgainzing. Although I'm still working on my shop, I think I can find some extra clamps that might come in handy. Good luck with the rebuild.

John

Forrest Price
07-24-2006, 4:22 PM
A huge THANK YOU out to John M.! (just figured out how to change font sizes..neat)Packages showed up today. Thank you so much! Folks, it's beginning to feel like a workshop again!! Hopefully I can start on some benches & cabinets real soon, and get back to crankin out projects! I'll go back and update the list now.
BTW, 100degrees INSIDE the shop as of right now. I'm staying indoors today!:eek:

tod evans
07-24-2006, 4:37 PM
man, the whole lot of ya`ll rock!
glad to see things lookin` up forrest. maybe now you can slow down chasing that lil` white ball around and do something creative...02 tod

John Miliunas
07-24-2006, 4:57 PM
A huge THANK YOU out to John M.! (just figured out how to change font sizes..neat)Packages showed up today. Thank you so much! Folks, it's beginning to feel like a workshop again!! Hopefully I can start on some benches & cabinets real soon, and get back to crankin out projects! I'll go back and update the list now.
BTW, 100degrees INSIDE the shop as of right now. I'm staying indoors today!:eek:

You're most welcome, Forrest! Hope you can make some good use out of the items. If not, sell what you can't use at your next garage sale and buy yourself something you need! :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
07-24-2006, 7:51 PM
3 more checks arrived today.........Total donations $560.00

Steve Clardy
07-25-2006, 7:50 PM
I'm still picking, sorting stuff to fill this box up.
I'll get mine sent eventually Ken, Forrest.:)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-28-2006, 7:23 PM
During the dry spell here at the Creek.......another $50 came in..........total in the account for Forrest's shop....$610

My personal thanks to everyone who's donated cash and/or tools!

Larry Whitted
07-28-2006, 8:06 PM
Even though I am a newcomer to this forum, I would be more than happy to help any way I can. If someone can post an address to send tools to, that would help alot.

Don Baer
07-28-2006, 8:09 PM
Even though I am a newcomer to this forum, I would be more than happy to help any way I can. If someone can post an address to send tools to, that would help alot.

Larry,
Ken Fitzgerald
624 Airway Ave.
Lewiston, Idaho

Ken Fitzgerald
07-29-2006, 5:52 PM
Shameless bump!:)

Mark Rios
07-29-2006, 6:11 PM
Shameless bump!:)

Any shameless updates? :D :D :D

Looks like the last one was on the 21st.

Just wondering what was left.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-29-2006, 6:44 PM
Any shameless updates? :D :D :D

Looks like the last one was on the 21st.

Just wondering what was left.

Oh.....contrare.................I updated yesterday with a total monetary count of $610.00.

Mark Rios
07-29-2006, 7:31 PM
Oh.....contrare.................I updated yesterday with a total monetary count of $610.00.

Sorry Ken, you're right of course. However, I was referring to Forrests list-o-tools on page four.

Forrest Price
07-29-2006, 7:36 PM
Here's an updated list of things. Folks, bear in mind, we're not expecting to replace everything on here. This was the inventory list we made after the fire excluding all our personal items and sporting/camping/fishing goods. I'm making good progress on repairs, and the donations are just incredible. I eliminated the repaired/replaced items from this list to make it easier on the eyes! Thanks to all of you!

Grizzly G0513 17" Bandsaw Under repair just a few more parts!
Spindles for G1071 Grizzly spindle sander
Belts & Discs for sander
Jet VS Mini Lathe VS controller needed
Craftsman 10" CMS
Misc handsaws
10" crosscut blade
bowl buffer
½” Crown Bowl gouge
1/16” Parting tool
Hitachi M12V router
½” router bits
RCA 27" Color Stereo TV
Mini-fridge
Dvd player
speakers
Technics 5.1 receiver
Vcr
Wood carver
Stihl 026 Chain saw
Homelite 18" chain saw
0, 10, 20 biscuits
Leigh Dovetail Jig
Levels
straightedges
Beale buffing system
2 bench grinders
PC belt sander
Belts for sander
Woodtek Tenoning jig
game call kits
letter opener kits
Soldering gun & solder

Forrest Price
07-29-2006, 8:18 PM
Sorry Ken, you're right of course. However, I was referring to Forrests list-o-tools on page four.
Hi Mark, actually, I had been keeping that post on page 5 updated almost daily by editing it on that same page which shows the edit date to keep from cluttering up this thread. I'll change that to what it is now to keep things easier.

Thanks.

Mark Rios
07-29-2006, 8:39 PM
Aaaahhh man.....sorry Forrest. I was keeping tabs on the list on page 4. I"m such a bonehead.

Thanks for the update.

tod evans
07-30-2006, 6:29 AM
where is shiraz? i noticed that forrest has quite a few grizzly tools he`s trying to put back in order......surely discounting the necessary parts wouldn`t hurt to badly....02 tod

yet another shameless bump...

Forrest Price
08-01-2006, 7:39 PM
Hey, looked what showed up today!! A huge Thanks out to Vince Sandy for the Brad Nailer, and Dick Bringhurst for the meter, Long Ranger and trim routers!! You guys are AWESOME.

Thanks again so much.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-04-2006, 11:33 PM
one more shameless bump!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Last shameless bump!

If I don't hear from anymore people by Wednesday...I'll close the checking account and write Forrest a check for the balance which is currently $610.00.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-10-2006, 8:39 PM
Folks,

Today I met up with Forrest. He piled some turning stock on me. I wrote him a check for $610.00 and closed the donation account.

My personal thanks to all Creekers who donated cash and/or tools! It's the generosity of Creekers that still never ceases to amaze me!

Thanks again!

tod evans
08-11-2006, 6:28 AM
i too would like to thank everyone who chipped in to help get forrest up and runnin` a little sooner......thanks! tod

Bill Moser
08-11-2006, 9:11 PM
I'm new to the forum, so I'm a little late to this thread, but I have
a 12'', 15pt Freud tenon saw and a 26", 7pt Pax crosscut, if Forrest
still needs something in the "handsaws" category. Both in good working
order -- let me know if interested, and I'll ship 'em out
- Bill