PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo!

Tom Sweeney
09-21-2003, 5:17 PM
SMC is back - more importantly - How is everyone???
How the heck did you get SMC up & running already???

Noah posted on WC that he spoke with Keith briefly on Saturday (I think)
Keith, Aaron, Jackie & anyone else in hard hit areas I hope you are OK & there is not much property damage.

Jason Roehl
09-21-2003, 6:00 PM
WOW! This is great to see! I have been jonesing for a SMC fix for 3 days now! I hope all goes well with the cleanup/restoration efforts in the path of destruction and flooding. And, of course, our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who perished in the flooding aftermath.

Don Farr
09-21-2003, 6:09 PM
Hey Guys, My dad got flooded out back in the 90's here in Georgia.
NOBODY that has never seen it can imagine the devastation that it causes.The mud and stink that is left behind is unimaginable. I will be praying for Keith and Aaron that they were not hit to hard.

Ted Shrader
09-21-2003, 6:42 PM
Just got power back on here in my little corner of the world in Virginia Beach. Lost power during Isabelle on Thursday mid-day - regained on Sunday mid-day.

There are still over 950,00 homes w/o power in Virginia and more in North Carolina. That is down from over 1.8 million at one point.

Lots of trees down (uprooted due to wet ground) some on houses, but not nearly as bad as when Hugo went through South Carolina in 1989.

Hope everyone else is well!

Ted

Tom Sweeney
09-21-2003, 7:10 PM
I'm sure it was awful - but it sounds like it could have been worse - from what they were predicting.

Glad to hear you are OK.

Just got power back on here in my little corner of the world in Virginia Beach.

Lots of trees down (uprooted due to wet ground) some on houses, but not nearly as bad as when Hugo went through South Carolina in 1989.

Hope everyone else is well!

Ted

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-21-2003, 7:15 PM
It's GOOD to have SMC back on line! I hope everyone in the effected areas are well and coping with the devastation. Kudos to Keith, Jackie and Aaron on getting our little corner of the world up and running. I am sure there were more important things to do, and I appreciate the effort. Thanks..................I sure missed all of my Woodworking friends the past few days! :D

Bud Duffy
09-21-2003, 7:46 PM
Welcome back everyone at SMC !!!! I hope all is well with you all there.

Steve Clardy
09-21-2003, 8:22 PM
The Creek being down is as about bad as having no coffee!!
Thanks guys for all your hard work. Hope you didn't have a lot of damage. Steve

Richard Gillespie
09-21-2003, 11:43 PM
Sure glad to have Saw Mill Creek back again. Thanks for all the hard work you must have done to make it happen. I live about 3 hours NW of you and we lost power for 24 hrs. There are a few trees down in my neighborhood. Some areas north of here have both water and tree damage.

I can't imagine what happened in your area. I only hope you and yours are well and happy and that any property damage is easily repaired or replaced.

Noah Alkinburgh
09-22-2003, 3:21 PM
Ah its great to be back. Now if only chat were working....I mean really you would think that Keith and the gang would be able to get that up and going since they don't have any power at home, probably need more sleep, and could use a "real" hot shower. :D

Really it is good to be back.

Noah

Mike Leonard
09-22-2003, 9:02 PM
It is nice to be back cruisin the creek. Been so busy I didn't realize how much I missed the cool water. Still without power. Thank god for my generator. Talked with a Dominion Power guy today and he said that it would probably be another week before we get power in my neck of the woods. Got power lines down and snapped poles for three miles. It hit me today that I had a dial up connection on my laptop and thought I would give it a go. Been busier than a one armed paper hanger around here.

Got six trees down, five uprooted and one snapped off about three feet up from the base. Got four more partially uprooted that need to come out before mother nature does it for me. Had one tree poke a branch through one of the french doors and busted the glass but nothing serious. Just about wore out my 20" Poulan so I bought a new Stihl 460 Magnum. Man that dude is flat wood hungry. Firewood won't be a problem for the next few years. All in all we were pretty lucky. Got one friend that may have his house condemned and another that lives on the water had 3" of water in every room in the house.

Doin what we can and trying to help those less fortunate.
Hope everyone else is well.