PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Bison wax?

Russ Filtz
07-09-2006, 7:51 PM
Bought some of this wax a few years ago and used it a few times (no silicone paste). Stuff smells like roach spray. Really bad, and seems to linger too!

Is this normal for this kind of wax? I've read other people say they use Johnson's paste. Does it smell also?

Frank Fusco
07-10-2006, 9:19 AM
Johnson's has a mild, pleasant smell.

jerry cousins
07-10-2006, 9:56 AM
i've been using black bison wax for several years - i think it's the best. it takes some work to really polish it out but puts on a deep hard finish. it does smell and linger for awhile -my wife is really sensitive to it - but goes away in a day or 2.

jerry

Jeffrey Schronce
07-10-2006, 1:55 PM
I think Johnsons has a pretty strong solvent smell. It's strong enough that I get looks when I use it in my finishing room (ie bathroom).

Lee Schierer
07-10-2006, 4:32 PM
I didn't know you had to wax a Bison! And I didn't know they had special wax to do it! I have to go ask the farmer down the road that raises them what wax he uses. :D

Johnson Paste wax has a strong smell also, but it goes away once it is dried and buffed.

Vaughn McMillan
07-10-2006, 7:27 PM
I prefer my bison unwaxed. They just look more natural that way. :p

- Vaughn

David Rose
07-11-2006, 3:32 AM
Lee,

I don't think you have to wax 'em. I think it just helps to keep off the roaches. And maybe to protect their little (big) finishes. Not really protect, mind you, more like it helps objects slide off to reduce denting. It's too early...

David

I didn't know you had to wax a Bison! And I didn't know they had special wax to do it! I have to go ask the farmer down the road that raises them what wax he uses. :D

Johnson Paste wax has a strong smell also, but it goes away once it is dried and buffed.

Lee Schierer
07-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Maybe the Buffalo Bisons football team should use Bison Wax to help their players make it into the end zone! :D