PDA

View Full Version : Five Barns in Two Weeks!

Bill Grumbine
07-09-2006, 7:46 PM
Greetings all

It is just under two weeks until the Five Barns Picnic! The list of attendees is growing, and I sent out my first private email just a couple of days ago. If you did not receive it, and I know there are bound to be a few I missed, please do not think I am ignoring you! Write me and let me know I missed you, and I will get you on the list.

Right now the demo list is shaping up to be very interesting with turning (of course!), hand tool demos, power tool demos, etc. In the interesting event category, Lee Schierer is organizing a planing contest, with the best shaving winning the plane used for that particular event. We have had planes donated from a number of companies and individuals. We are also going to have a drawing for a two day class at the Philadelphia Furniture Workshop, which is owned and run by Alan Turner. I was privileged to attend his inaugural class on finishing with Jeff Jewitt.

Of course there will be lots of food and friends and all sorts of good stuff, just like all the previous Five Barns events. Oh yeah, there are going to be a bunch of folk singers with their guitars, mandolins, kazoos, etc, who will be striking up a band while they are here. If you want to come, send me an email to bill@wonderfulwood.com. Please email me directly, and do not use the Private Message or SMC email option. That makes my life easier trying to keep track of things. That is the ticket to admission.

Bill

Tyler Howell
07-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Made my reservations today. I'll see you on Saturday.:cool:

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-09-2006, 10:21 PM
A shame this wasn't going on while I was in Philly. That's me a month early and $10.00 short. Hope you ALL have a great time.

Bruce

Jim DeLaney
07-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Got reservations, over in Allentown, for Thursday & Friday nights. See you Friday morning!

Martin Shupe
07-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Bill,

I'll be there, Sat only, and please add me to the mailing list.

martino23@charter.net

Make sure you have some copies of your latest video and I'll just buy one there.

I'll call you the day before and you can tell me what you need me to bring.

Hope to see lots of other Creeker's there.

Martin

Aaron Koehl
07-10-2006, 11:16 AM
We ought to plunk it onto the calendar.. what are the dates this year?

Jim Becker
07-10-2006, 2:08 PM
Aaron, Friday and Saturday, 21-22 July.

Alan Turner
07-10-2006, 2:19 PM
I'll sure be there, to give away a PFW raffle prize, and to see if I can actually hand plane a board in public.

Dave Anderson NH
07-10-2006, 4:10 PM
I am very much looking forward to being there both Friday and Saturday. I'll be driving down early Friday morning and should arrive just about Noon.

Jim Becker
07-10-2006, 4:17 PM
"Behavior" depending ;) , we'll be there on Saturday...