PDA

View Full Version : Prize winning night at the races tonight!

Fred Voorhees
07-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Now, going to the races is nothing new to me. Been doing it since the early sixties darned near every week of the season - - - - I've been to a few of them!

My local track here in NJ holds a Christmas in July night every year and tonight (Sat) was this years. Sponsored every year by one of the drivers who has a financial oriented business, he, in conjunction with the annual Toys for Tots drive by the Marines, give away over $10,000 worth of prizes including televisions, Ipods, stereo systems, portable cd and much more prizes of the same level. To get in on the drawing, fans need to either (1) bring an unwrapped new toy for a chance in the drawing, or (2) make a donation of at least $5. My wife and I donated $40 this time around. Things seemed to be going as normal with prizes being given out with nothing coming my way. With about four or five left, out of around seventy gifts available, they drew one of my wifes numbers - good for a twenty inch flat screen television/dvd player combo. Merry Christmas!! The drive netted the Toys for Tots a few thousand new toys and over $6,600 dollars.

Vaughn McMillan
07-09-2006, 5:57 AM
Congrats, Fred. It's always sweet hearing your name (or number) called in a drawing like that. That it helped a good cause makes it that much better. Wise choice on making sure LOYL had the winning ticket instead of you. ;) Helps make her that much more supportive of your race-watching habit. :p

- Vaughn

Fred Voorhees
07-09-2006, 9:20 AM
Congrats, Fred. It's always sweet hearing your name (or number) called in a drawing like that. That it helped a good cause makes it that much better. Wise choice on making sure LOYL had the winning ticket instead of you. ;) Helps make her that much more supportive of your race-watching habit. :p

- Vaughn
Oh, Vaughn, that is not a problem. She enjoys the races just as much as I do. In fact, there were a few years that on Saturdays, I went in one direction to work at a racetrack while she went the completely opposite direction to work at another track. To add to that, our son even worked at a track or two while growing up, selling the weekly souvenir programs.

Jim Becker
07-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Very kewel!! But since you have the winning touch...please send the Prize Patrol my way!! :D :D :D

Al Willits
07-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Any thoughts on the Power Ball number???? :D :D

Always nice to win something, congrats

Al