PDA

View Full Version : Pen Blanks Maybe ?

Scott Donley
07-08-2006, 7:21 PM
Just on my way to the store and saw a garage sale about two blocks from my house and thought , why not ? Started talking to an old guy (that's older than me:D ) to find out he was a turner ! He was selling his home "cause prop. taxes had gotten to high. He had already sold his lathe, a PM, but was keeping his tools just in case withdrawl was to much. I offerd to let him come over and use mine anytime and he said he would love that. He asked if I had enough wood. DUH:D . He took me out back to two sheds he had, full of wood ! He MADE me take what you see with a promise that I came back for more. Thats Mapel, Black Walnut, plus a few others not in the pic's. Burl included ! Turners are the best people :D A really great day ! Never did make it to the store!

Corey Hallagan
07-08-2006, 7:53 PM
Nice score! Way to go Scott!

Corey

Dick Parr
07-08-2006, 7:55 PM
Great score Scott. That should keep ya busy for a day or two.:D

Ernie Nyvall
07-08-2006, 8:08 PM
Nice haul Scott. Say, what are you going to do with that pine cone?:rolleyes: :D

Ernie

Jim Becker
07-08-2006, 8:57 PM
Nice haul Scott. Say, what are you going to do with that pine cone?

'Not a pine cone...Banksia Pod (sp?) People make some pretty kewel things with them!

----

Nice haul!

Scott Donley
07-08-2006, 9:04 PM
Nice haul Scott. Say, what are you going to do with that pine cone?:rolleyes: :D

Ernie
Funny you should ask ! I don't remember the name, but it is a seed pod from Australia, hard as a rock, the slices he had looked like a Kiwi inside.Not sure what to do with it, but it sure was purtty inside :)

Scott Donley
07-08-2006, 9:05 PM
'Not a pine cone...Banksia Pod (sp?) People make some pretty kewel things with them!

----

Nice haul!That was it !

Bernie Weishapl
07-08-2006, 9:16 PM
Nice score Scott. Looks like you will be turning for a while.

laurie sullivan
07-08-2006, 10:06 PM
nice stuff. i've turn those seed pods. they are messy but great stuff to turn. i made weed pots for my sisters for christmas one year. slice off the ends and center turn it. then use a drill press for the center hole. i use a glass tube for the flower buds and water. no pics. have fun

laurie