PDA

View Full Version : Heartvilletool Router Table

Deck Reagan
07-08-2006, 4:33 PM
Does anyone have the Hartvilletool router table? You get a router plate and table top for $99.
Can anyone give me their opinion of the table?
Thanks,
Deck

Deck Reagan
07-08-2006, 4:53 PM
link

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10942

Matt Meiser
07-08-2006, 8:09 PM
I don't have any experience with that particular product, but Hartville is generally a good company.

The top looks like it is decent and the fence system using T-tracks is definitely a plus. It looks a little thin, so your cabinet may need to support it better than if it was thicker, but if you plan to put it on top of a Norm-style table, you'd be fine in my opinion. The plate is 3/8" thick which is good. I noticed on the page where you can buy just the plate that they have them predilled for several routers for an extra $10. The fence system looks nice and says it can handle 3-wing panel cutters. with the built in T-track on the face it would be simple to add MDF faces that could be pushed into the bit to make a zero-clearance fence. If it were me, I'd probably go for it.

I would give them a call with any specific questions you have. They've been pretty knowledgeable when I've talked to them.

Matt Meiser
07-08-2006, 8:17 PM
I thought of another comment on the plate. I noticed that the starting pin holes are to the right of the bit, located in front and behind the bit. In my painful experience, you should also have holes located even with the bit on both sides of the bit. I had an accident template routing using a starting pin on the right, but the workpiece slipped when I got to the end of the workpiece and pulled my poorly placed finger into the bit. While it would have been better to put my hand somewhere else, a second starting pin would have saved me. My new Rousseau plate is the same way, but I added the holes before I ever used it.