PDA

View Full Version : High-Pressure sprayers?

Russ Filtz
07-08-2006, 8:07 AM
Any thoughts on engine powered sprayers? HD has a sale for their husky brand at around $200 (2200 psi). Sears seems to be a bit more than that. Need to sray a lot of wood fencing. (yes I know not to use too high a pressure or I'll eat the wood!)

Was checking the Northstar at Nprthern Tools, and their pumps are brass manifold and stainless plungers. Seems better than the aluminum pumps for Husky?

Frank Fusco
07-08-2006, 9:45 AM
If you have to reach any significant distance, get the most powerful you can afford. I have to clean my hillside house with my 2300 lb. washer and it is ineffective at 15-20 feet up.

Matt Meiser
07-08-2006, 10:08 AM
We have a middle of the road one from Home Depot and it does everything I need. My former neighbor is the manager of a local tool place and actually told me to go there rather than get one from him as the Porter Cable ones he sold were too expensive for homeowners to use a few times a year in his opinion. I think mine is a Devlibiss with a B&S engine. My dad and I have both used it for deck cleaning and I've used it cleaning siding (1 story house), cleaning the tractor after dirty (muddy) projects, cleaning the garage floor, and initial cleaning of my lathe when I first got it.

I really like using it for the garage becuase it does a better job but doesn't use nearly as much water as the hose. Therefore, it goes quicker and there is much less water to push to the drain.