PDA

View Full Version : Wildwood designs clock movements

Dennis Kotlowski
07-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Has anybody here tried to use Wildwood Designs clock movements. I finally got around to use my order from them that I ordered a month ago. I went to put it on LaserBuzz's desktop clock and I can't get the hands to fit on the shaft. It seems like the hole for the minute hands are too small and the hour hand has an oval hole and the space on the shaft is round. I am used to using Walnut Hollow movements but they are 3 times the cost of Wildwood but now they seem to be 300% easier to use. PLease let me know if this is just me. I have e-mailed Wildwood twice but have not received an answer. I hope somebody here can help. I have attached a photo of their movement.

Dennis

http://www.wildwooddesigns.com/storeimages/24500.jpg

Joe Pelonio
07-08-2006, 10:54 AM
I've always used Klockit, and they also sell just the hands. You might try theirs to see if they fit your movements. I thought their prices were great,
I always buy quartz 10 at a time for a price of $3.65, but they can be even lower if you buy more.

http://www.klockit.com/depts/quartz/movements/dept-15.html

Nigel Morgan
07-09-2006, 1:00 AM
I am all ways looking to purchase movements cheaply, I am in NZ and nearly all ways have to import from the US, I was in our local $2 shop the other day and they had complete clocks for sale with movements in, well thats a bargain. I previously lived in the Netherlands where we had the 1Euro shop, I pressume these types of establishments are all over the world, so have a look in them, you never know what you might find.

David Fairfield
07-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Just a thought, :rolleyes: if the hand hole dimension is the only problem, and you're happy with the movement and the price, why not just laser some new hands with an appropriate size hole? You could find some very attractive and ornate clock hand designs on the web, then trace them. Heck, if yours fit and theirs don't, you can even offer to wholesale them to the company to replace their defective ones! :)

Dave