PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat: I finally took the Festool plunge

Chris Dodge
07-07-2006, 5:30 PM
I just bought the Festool Circular Saw TS55EQ and CT 22 Dust extractor. I have been receiving too many requests for cabinets and I just don't have the room to menuver those 4X8 sheetsof plywood around on my tablesaw. My current Cicrular saw butchers the edges of plywood and that is why I decided to purchase the Festool.

I know...where are the pictures? It is currently sitting in my truck and I think everyone knows by now what one of these looks like so I didn't think the pictures were necessary.

My wife and kids are currently away on vacation (DC, Boston, NY) so I have two weeks to figure out how to hide this "unapproved purchase" and still use it regularly. Any tips?:D

Jason R Tibbetts
07-07-2006, 8:50 PM
Lock the Systainer to the DE, then throw a tablecloth over it and voila! Your wife has a nice new nightstand that mysteriously disappears from time to time...

Tyler Howell
07-08-2006, 9:23 AM
Tool Snob!!
Welcome to the club:D

Brad Townsend
07-08-2006, 10:40 AM
My wife and kids are currently away on vacation (DC, Boston, NY) so I have two weeks to figure out how to hide this "unapproved purchase" and still use it regularly. Any tips?:D I usually dirty it up a bit and when she asks, "Oh, that! I've had that a long time." Works fine until the Mastercard bill arrives.

Jim Becker
07-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Congratulations, Chris! Enjoy your new tool addition.

Richard Wolf
07-08-2006, 3:18 PM
Let's see, wife and kids gone for two weeks, and your playing with tools, it's a sick world.

Richard

Bill Esposito
07-08-2006, 4:37 PM
Chris,

Congrats. Wait till you slice your first piece of wood with that saw :)

As for the CT22, while you don't need to read a review of it my review (http://nhwoodworker.com) will give you pictures of just about everything on that sucker....more informative than reading the manual I think.

Jesse Cloud
07-08-2006, 5:01 PM
The circular saw has become just about my favorite tool.

As for hiding the tools, its easy. The systainers stack on top of the ct22 and take up a very small footprint. Easy to roll it back into a corner or near the scrap pile. AND when you buy more festools, it just makes the systainer stack a little higher.

Enjoy your two weeks!

Chris Dodge
07-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Chris,

Congrats. Wait till you slice your first piece of wood with that saw :)

As for the CT22, while you don't need to read a review of it my review (http://nhwoodworker.com) will give you pictures of just about everything on that sucker....more informative than reading the manual I think.

Bill,
I actually did read your review before purchasing it. It was very informative. Thanks!

I love both the saw and the CT22. I was able to hook up my PC RO sander to it and it pulls almost every bit of dust that the sander produced. WOW!:eek:

I highly recommend both of the saw and the DC!

Chris Dodge
07-10-2006, 12:04 PM
I usually dirty it up a bit and when she asks, "Oh, that! I've had that a long time." Works fine until the Mastercard bill arrives.

HAHAHA! I find that funny because I do the same thing and was considering doing it on these tools too! Fortunately for me my wife is terrible at the bills so I take care of those too.