PDA

View Full Version : NYW Workshop hutch

ken maughan
07-07-2006, 3:29 PM
HI everyone I'm new to the forum
Has anyone built the NYW workshop hutch and still has the plans, and would be willing to sell me a copy It will be my first project as I've nowhere to store anything and am now retired and want to try my hand at woodworking. Perhaps someone could pm me
Thanks

Bart Leetch
07-07-2006, 3:43 PM
Hi Ken

I hope someone can pop in here I help you with plans.

I know I would just take the idea & run with it by starting out measuring the area where I want to put it & then drawing the case sized to fit the area & the arranging partitions & sizing drawers & areas where shelves covered with doors will be as well as where open shelves will be.

Remembering that you need to know how wide the openings for drawers need to be including the drawer glides. This information will be in with the packaging of the drawer glides. so glides need 1/2" on each side of the drawer so you need to make the opening for the drawer 1" wider to accommodate the drawer & glide.

Sam Chambers
07-07-2006, 5:03 PM
Has anyone built the NYW workshop hutch and still has the plans, and would be willing to sell me a copy.Hi, Ken. Welcome to the Creek!

Just a warning - Selling a copy of the plans would probably violate copyright laws. You can buy the plan (or "measahd drawring" as Norm would call it) for only $10.95. If you need the video too, it's $24.95, but you can also keep an eye out for that episode on your local PBS station and record it yourself. There's nothing on the videos you get from NYW that wasn't in the TV program as it aired.

Good luck, and be sure to post some photos of your hutch!

Tim Solley
07-07-2006, 5:36 PM
Hi, Ken. Welcome to the Creek!

Just a warning - Selling a copy of the plans would probably violate copyright laws. You can buy the plan (or "measahd drawring" as Norm would call it) for only $10.95. If you need the video too, it's $24.95, but you can also keep an eye out for that episode on your local PBS station and record it yourself. There's nothing on the videos you get from NYW that wasn't in the TV program as it aired.

Good luck, and be sure to post some photos of your hutch!

Actually, I think you'd only get into copyright issues if a copy was made. If someone sold you the original plans, there would be no problem. But as Sam said, it's probably easiest to just buy right from Normy.

Tim

joe lear
06-21-2007, 7:25 AM
Any chance you could post the measurements of the drawers and the cabinet?