PDA

View Full Version : Future New Wood Availabilty

Joe Pelonio
07-07-2006, 1:53 PM
I just did some truck lettering for a place on one of our local islands that does forest management and stewardship, harvesting without clearcutting
to produce wood products. They have their own mill, and are producing fencing and flooring, with local natives like Maple, Madrona, Hemlock, and Douglas Fir. I asked them about thin boards for laser work and when they get their drying equipment up and running in a month or so he'll be getting back to me on it with specific prices, sizes and availability.

Brent Vander Weil
07-07-2006, 3:38 PM
Very cool... I know I will look forward to hearing more :-)

Chuck Howerton
07-09-2006, 3:16 AM
Hi,

I live in Sequim and I would be very interested getting some of that wood as well. Please email me howerton@wavecable.com or give me a call 360.582.3788 when you know somethiing more definite. I would even be willing to come and pick it up if that would help.

Thanks,

Chuck Howerton

Jim Benante
07-09-2006, 9:35 AM
Joe,

Pass the info along when you get it. I wouldn't mind supporting sustainable forest management. I have a fence project in the near future. I am also interested in seeing what Madrona is like to work with.

I live in Woodinville.

Thanks Joe,

Jim

Joe Pelonio
07-10-2006, 10:17 AM
I'll keep you all posted. When I made their lettering I also did a sample
of their logo engraved on wood free and they loved it and were going to use it at a show over the weekend for their flyer box.

Jim,

Since you are so close, if you want some good sized hunks of Madrona
that were cut for firewood and sitting under cover for close to 10 years
let me know. There's only 2-3 but we no longer use the wood burning
fireplace, just using the gas one. I can bring them to the shop in
Bellevue which would be closer for you.

Jim Benante
07-13-2006, 1:40 AM
Joe,

I would take the Madrona, but I don't know what I would do with it. I am without a bandsaw at the moment. I hope to purchase one on the near future. I am adding some storage space to the house so I should have enough room for a bandsaw in the garage soon. I don't turn either. I really appreciate the offer.

I think I recall seeing posts in which you discuss a laser system. Do you make signs? I often think about a nice sign with either our house number or last name to stick down at the end of the driveway.

Jim

Joe Pelonio
07-13-2006, 8:14 AM
Joe,

I would take the Madrona, but I don't know what I would do with it. I am without a bandsaw at the moment. I hope to purchase one on the near future. I am adding some storage space to the house so I should have enough room for a bandsaw in the garage soon. I don't turn either. I really appreciate the offer.

I think I recall seeing posts in which you discuss a laser system. Do you make signs? I often think about a nice sign with either our house number or last name to stick down at the end of the driveway.

Jim

Yes I make signs, lots of them. I have a sign shop in the business park right across from Lowe's at 520/405 in Bellevue.

Jim Benante
07-13-2006, 11:50 AM
I'll stop by some time. I cut through there on my way home from work when the 520 to 405N ramp is backed up.