PDA

View Full Version : Norton's/Symantecs computer problem

Frank Fusco
07-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I am trying to uninstall my Norton's anti-virus program but it just doesn't want to go. Have done the reccomended "change" and "remove" steps, rebooted several times but there it remains. I have installed AVG and now want Norton's gone. Wassup? Enneybody know?

Chuck Wintle
07-07-2006, 12:35 PM
I am trying to uninstall my Norton's anti-virus program but it just doesn't want to go. Have done the reccomended "change" and "remove" steps, rebooted several times but there it remains. I have installed AVG and now want Norton's gone. Wassup? Enneybody know?
I may be wrong but i seem to recall that a Norton removal tool is available on their website.

Frank Fusco
07-07-2006, 3:42 PM
I may be wrong but i seem to recall that a Norton removal tool is available on their website.

Sounds good, I'll take a look. Thanks.

Tom Stover
07-07-2006, 4:48 PM
Frank, 3 weeks ago I installed AVG and uninstalled Nortons with no problem. I had to uninstall several components seperately but they all are gone.

Frank Fusco
07-07-2006, 7:07 PM
Frank, 3 weeks ago I installed AVG and uninstalled Nortons with no problem. I had to uninstall several components seperately but they all are gone.

I put in AVG, still screwing with Norton's.

Per Swenson
07-07-2006, 7:16 PM
Here you go Frank....

I had the same problem, drove me nuts, (short trip)

http://searchg.symantec.com/search?q=add+remove&spell=1&access=p&output=xml_no_dtd&site=symc_en_US&ie=UTF-8&client=symc_en_US&proxystylesheet=symc_en_US

Per

Tom Stover
07-08-2006, 8:01 AM
Frank, did you get it straightened out?

Steve Clardy
07-08-2006, 10:53 AM
I quit norton a couple of years ago.
Seemed like it was taking over my computer.
Went to AVG.

I like'd to have never gotten rid of all the norton stuff on it.