PDA

View Full Version : Believe it! Christmas pen order.......

Barry Stratton
07-07-2006, 1:57 AM
Just finished with a very early order for Christmas presents. Yes, more slimlines, but thats what they wanted. Got some Cigar and Havana kits coming so I can "branch out" in a few weeks.....

Wood used in this pic, from left to right, Desert Ironwood, Desert Ironwood, bias cut beech, Redheart, Tigerwood.

Wood used in this pic, from left to right, maple, butternut, mesquite, cocobolo, birds eye maple.

Dick Parr
07-07-2006, 2:06 AM
Great job Barry, they all look good. It's never to early to get start for Christmas.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
07-07-2006, 3:30 AM
Very nice, Barry. A great way to start the Christmas season, even if it is July. :)

Tom Sherman
07-07-2006, 7:48 AM
Nice pens Barry, great selection of woods, did your customer chose them or were the woods your choice.

Raymond Overman
07-07-2006, 7:59 AM
Christmas in July... reminds me of those car commercials with the guys that turn the volume up way to loud. "Christmas in July! We've got everything on sale! You can't miss this SALE!"

Nice looking bunch of pens Barry. It's always good to have a stock before Christmas.

Keith Burns
07-07-2006, 8:34 AM
Great pens Barry ! Never to early to make some "tool" money:) :)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-07-2006, 9:19 AM
Nice pens Barry! I really need to try making some of those!

Bernie Weishapl
07-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Pens are beauties Barry. Does that birdseye maple one in the second picture have burn lines? If so that really accents that pen. Great idea.

Barry Stratton
07-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Pens are beauties Barry. Does that birdseye maple one in the second picture have burn lines? If so that really accents that pen. Great idea.

Yep, those are burn lines. Next door neighbor plays guitar, so I got a few strings from him.

Thanks for the compliments guys, greatly appreciated! Oh yeah, and the woods were "my choice".

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-07-2006, 1:05 PM
Looking good Barry!!

But heck, winter is only a few weeks away for you up there in Alaska, so why not think about Christmas presents :D:D:D

Corey Hallagan
07-07-2006, 2:48 PM
Awesome Barry! Great looking pens. You will like the cigar kits. Been knocking off some Christmas gifts myself. In fact I sold a pen and pencil set yesterday for $50.00. A gal bought them for a Christmas gift to her dad.

Corey

Ernie Nyvall
07-07-2006, 6:57 PM
Congrats on the orders Barry. Nice job on the pens.

Ernie