PDA

View Full Version : 50th Wedding Anniversay

James & Zelma Litzmann
07-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi, everyone, hope you are all having a good day?

We received a call this morning, someone wanting us to do a plaque for their parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. Since this is our first real job, from someone other than friends or family, I was wondering if any of you had any idea that might help us make an impression.

J&Z

Lars Thomas
07-06-2006, 1:01 PM
Do they have access to the original wedding invitation? Might be a good place to start.

James & Zelma Litzmann
07-06-2006, 1:18 PM
No but that would be a great start.

Frank Corker
07-06-2006, 1:22 PM
A picture of the church they got married in is always a surefire winner and or a copy of their wedding certificate could also be a nice way forward

Lars Thomas
07-06-2006, 1:46 PM
How about a (immediate) family tree?

James & Zelma Litzmann
07-06-2006, 1:51 PM
Well, I doubled checked with the young lady and she either doesn't have or can't get a copy of their invitation, marriage license, or a picture of the church they were married in. These are really good ideas and I am filing them away for the next time someone wants this done. Right now I am having trouble finding wedding bells that are good. I really appreciate you guys and/or gals help with all idea, you're great.

J&Z

Barbara Sample
07-06-2006, 2:07 PM
I do a lot of heart acrylic marblized frames for these occasions.
they are very impressive. I do up the words, flip them, engrave on the back and they come out very nice.

American Acrylic sells them. They come in small, med (6x6 and large ( 8x8)

Barbara

Dave Strickler
07-06-2006, 2:33 PM
I have done a few 50th wedding anniversary gifts engraving then and now pictures of the couple on black marble.

John Esberg
07-06-2006, 3:32 PM
Here's an important question, do they want the piece to be serious, comical, pseudo-aged, etc. What kind of feel are they looking for? Just as important, what size plaque?

John "DAK" Esberg

Joe Pelonio
07-06-2006, 3:37 PM
Surely someone has a current picture and a wedding picture? The customer has to provide something for you to work with. I have not
done a 50th, but the last 25th I did had the before and current pics, and it's always well received.

James & Zelma Litzmann
07-06-2006, 3:45 PM
They want it to be serious, and if they have a picture, she's not giving it over. I think what she want is like a plaques with bells, and dates. I've come up with something but I am not sure she's gona like. Thanks again.

J&Z

Barbara Buhse
07-06-2006, 6:28 PM
So many of the anniversary gifts I do are the engraveable photo albums. I find (no offense to the older generation!) that those over 50 prefer actual paper printed pictures to digital cds with the photos on them.
Laserbits sells two photo albums that engrave really wonderfully, and the photos of the event can go inside.
I also have done many albums engraved with family crests (of course, you lose the "color" meaning in the crests) and they are very well received.
You can purchase jpegs of family crests for about $15 at houseofnames.com and get it through your e-mail in under ten minutes.
hope this helps...
Barbara

Joe Pelonio
07-06-2006, 7:14 PM
So many of the anniversary gifts I do are the engraveable photo albums. I find (no offense to the older generation!) that those over 50 prefer actual paper printed pictures to digital cds with the photos on them.

Great suggestion Barabara.

Jeff Lehman
07-07-2006, 10:04 AM
I did this Marble Plaque on Marble...basically a copy of the wedding invitation as mentioned in earlier replies...added in a classy stand to the actual plaque I sold...the one in the pic has a few small defects.

Also used the armorall trick to get a little extra contrast...it does work!